Author Topic: Faded colors after saving from Corona image editor  (Read 1351 times)

2021-11-16, 11:10:10

ksushaslad

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Images looks good in Corona image editor. But when I save it in jpeg/tiff/tga they look fade and blur. What is the reason?[/img][/img]

2021-11-16, 12:02:15
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

Are you comparing the images at 100% magnification? Corona VFB and windows image viewer uses very different interpolation, so the images will always look different at all but 1:1 zoom level.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-11-16, 14:32:39
Reply #2

ksushaslad

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you comparing the images at 100% magnification? Corona VFB and windows image viewer uses very different interpolation, so the images will always look different at all but 1:1 zoom level.

I made screenshot without zoom. So you can see shadows are brighter and all colors at all((

2021-11-16, 14:36:55
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure I'd trust windows viewer, what does it look like opened in an actual software package? (the zoom is not the same in the above btw, when I overlaid the two there is a slight difference).

EDIT - what I am seeing with the overlay is a difference in sharpness, the viewer is showing less detail, so I am not sure there is a color change to shadows so much as just detail being blurred together in the viewer. This is why I'd be interested to know what it looks like in Photoshop etc (you could just post the saved image for us to open and look at)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-16, 23:04:11
Reply #4

ksushaslad

• Users
    • View Profile
Not sure I'd trust windows viewer, what does it look like opened in an actual software package? (the zoom is not the same in the above btw, when I overlaid the two there is a slight difference).

EDIT - what I am seeing with the overlay is a difference in sharpness, the viewer is showing less detail, so I am not sure there is a color change to shadows so much as just detail being blurred together in the viewer. This is why I'd be interested to know what it looks like in Photoshop etc (you could just post the saved image for us to open and look at)

thank you for the answer! you can see cxr and jpg files here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EdpN345c5JpygXKTSBEiPg6lCiilYh5f?usp=sharing

2021-11-17, 15:16:31
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Comes back as needs to request access - best to use the private uploader https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-17, 16:15:18
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is the image viewed in the Corona Image Editor using the CXR format?
If so, then the answer is that in CIE you see an image with a wide color space with gamma 2.2 applied and after saving to jpg you see an image with sRGB gamma applied. That is why the difference is mostly visible in the shadows.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-11-17, 20:52:42
Reply #7

ksushaslad

• Users
    • View Profile
How to save an image so that it looks like in the Corona image editor? Is it possible?