Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149511 times)

2021-11-09, 16:17:02
Reply #225

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good updates with decals and displacement, thanks.
Could you please add the Decal button to the Corona toolbar.
We're planning on adding it to the toolbar, stay tuned :)

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-11-10, 08:16:57
Reply #226

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This got broken a few daily builds ago. Basically values under 0.5 rendered as if they were set to 0.5.

Thank you :)
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2021-11-10, 19:39:06
Reply #227

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- Added option to drag&drop Bitmap, CoronaBitmap, or a bitmap file from windows explorer onto the "Fit to Bitmap" button of DecalObject. This triggers the sizing, same as if user clicked the button and selected the same texture.
I'm afraid this isn't working for me guys. If I drag and drop any bitmap it doesn't fit to its proportions.

- Added the option to drop bitmaps from Windows explorer directly into our material slots
This one is great!

I think it would also be useful to add a similar function to drag and drop any bitmap from windows explorer to CoronaDecal's mask source map slot.

Also, am i missing the decal order function or will it be added later?
« Last Edit: 2021-11-11, 00:39:13 by Dalton Watts »

2021-11-10, 23:11:04
Reply #228

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
Is it possible to implement snap to react to the Decal object?

2021-11-11, 09:04:48
Reply #229

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
- Added option to drag&drop Bitmap, CoronaBitmap, or a bitmap file from windows explorer onto the "Fit to Bitmap" button of DecalObject. This triggers the sizing, same as if user clicked the button and selected the same texture.
I'm afraid this isn't working for me guys. If I drag and drop any bitmap it doesn't fit to its proportions.

- Added the option to drop bitmaps from Windows explorer directly into our material slots
This one is great!

I think it would also be useful to add a similar function to drag and drop any bitmap from windows explorer to CoronaDecal's mask source map slot.

Also, am i missing the decal order function or will it be added later?
Hi,

It looks like the 1st thing is indeed not working. We have it logged and will fix it.

We also, have a couple of issues logged with ordering. Could you elaborate on what you have in mind?

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=789448091)
Send me your scene!

2021-11-11, 23:52:49
Reply #230

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, rowmanns!

I've put my suggestions over at CoronaDecals Playground! just to make things tidier.

2021-11-12, 23:43:15
Reply #231

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This last daily build also seems to have introduced a bug. I'm unable to delete a snapshot from render history without 3ds max crashing.

2021-11-15, 09:22:43
Reply #232

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This last daily build also seems to have introduced a bug. I'm unable to delete a snapshot from render history without 3ds max crashing.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce it and I've sent it over to the devs for further investigation.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-1101)
Send me your scene!

2021-11-17, 13:11:43
Reply #233

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page

it looks amazing!
I hope all this stays with us and gets into the final version of VBF, the whole list of functions that we see now!
all functions can be added several times and mixed like layers in Photoshop? Can I use several Luts in the picture and mix them up, how does it work now in Virey?
do we really have Aces? ))

PS. can't wait to test already
« Last Edit: 2021-11-17, 13:15:08 by Yuriy Bochkaryov »

2021-11-17, 14:43:47
Reply #234

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please note that depends on what you mean by "do we have ACES" - what is shown is the color curve for ACES, nothing more (ie no changes to output formats etc.)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-17, 16:08:38
Reply #235

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

I'd like to suggest a color picker for white balance like in photoshop's camera raw filter.

2021-11-17, 16:12:09
Reply #236

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

I'd like to suggest a color picker for white balance like in photoshop's camera raw filter.

It's already there. The second icon in the color picker, next to the regular one.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-11-17, 16:20:30
Reply #237

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

It's already there. The second icon in the color picker, next to the regular one.

Thanks Maru. Are you getting that color picker by clicking on color tint?
I think it would be more obvious if there's a color picker next to white balance, since you're changing the frame buffer UI. It would be more user friendly in my opinion. Just a thought.

2021-11-17, 23:29:15
Reply #238

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Please note that depends on what you mean by "do we have ACES" - what is shown is the color curve for ACES, nothing more (ie no changes to output formats etc.)

So we are seeing a kind of ACES emulation, then?

2021-11-18, 07:06:45
Reply #239

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys

i get an error on the latest daily when activate the refraction override settings in the scene tab (set to black)