Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149489 times)

2021-10-30, 10:33:57
Reply #210

larry3d

• Users
    • View Profile
I have 3dmax freezes during interactive rendering. When I switch between cameras or just go to the material editor
Hi Larry3d,

Can you send this scene over to us?

Instructions on how to do so can be found in my signature.

Rowan
Hi! I found a solution in another branch (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33948.0). The problem was solved by converting all bitmaps to corona bitmaps

2021-11-02, 09:22:57
Reply #211

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, any news about Tone Mapping? :)

I'm interesting too. V-Ray has ACES already a year. Geo Pattern - around 8 years. I think tone mapping will go to the pool of ideas as geo pattern again.

2021-11-02, 10:18:39
Reply #212

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there will be a big update in november, we are preparing a blog post. Stay tuned.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-11-02, 14:33:44
Reply #213

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
there will be a big update in november, we are preparing a blog post. Stay tuned.
look forward to
I hope it will be something really big and interesting )

2021-11-03, 09:55:54
Reply #214

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Great to hear, thank you for reply! Can't wait.

2021-11-03, 12:43:25
Reply #215

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is exciting

2021-11-05, 11:39:47
Reply #216

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If the topic has already gone about Caustics, they began to notice empty squares.

Hi Feodor,

Could you please send us your scene?

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-11-08, 13:56:56
Reply #217

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
Just noticed this in the newest Corona 8 Daily Build changelog:

"Removed Disable Displacement Maps button from Corona Converter - it is much better to globally disable displacement through the render setup menu"

Let me not agree with the above statement that it's much better to globally disable displacement through the render setup.
I find disabling displacement maps through Corona Converter very convenient.
Imagine the scene with large number of imported assets from 3dsky etc, as it's often the case, materials in these models are usually far from perfect, often having unnecessary displacement on.
In such case I can batch disable all disp maps through Corona Converter (without a need to go through hundreds of shaders to find the one that causes i.e excessive RAM consumption in the scene), and simply turn it on again only for specific materials that I do require it to by ON.

Why remove such a functionality? To me it starts to feel like corona converter is heading in the wrong direction.

2021-11-08, 14:06:53
Reply #218

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
Let me not agree with the above statement that it's much better to globally disable displacement through the render setup.
I find disabling displacement maps through Corona Converter very convenient.
Imagine the scene with large number of imported assets from 3dsky etc, as it's often the case, materials in these models are usually far from perfect, often having unnecessary displacement on.
In such case I can batch disable all disp maps through Corona Converter (without a need to go through hundreds of shaders to find the one that causes i.e excessive RAM consumption in the scene), and simply turn it on again only for specific materials that I do require it to by ON.

Why remove such a functionality? To me it starts to feel like corona converter is heading in the wrong direction.

I think the guys from the Corona team meant this function
it globally disables and enables displacement in the entire scene

2021-11-08, 14:14:55
Reply #219

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the guys from the Corona team meant this function
it globally disables and enables displacement in the entire scene

Hi Yuriy,
I know the Corona team meant the function from your screenshot.
What I'm saying is that these are two different things. If I disable displacement globally from the render setup window, it simply means all my shaders render without it.
Disabling displacement function from current version of Corona Converter allows me to first disable displacement on all my shaders, and then turn it on again for only some selected ones.
This is very helpful in debugging the scene and getting rid of unnecessary displacement from objects you don't want it to be on, while preserving it on the objects that should have it.
You simply cannot do the same with the render settings displacement checkbox.
« Last Edit: 2021-11-08, 14:20:45 by Ink Visual »

2021-11-08, 14:19:10
Reply #220

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
Hi Yuriy,
I know the Corona team meant the function from your screenshot.
What I'm saying is that these are two different things. If I disable displacement globally from the render setup window, it simply means all my shaders render without it.
Disabling displacement function from current version of Corona Converter allows me to first disable displacement on all my shaders, and then turn it on again for only some selected ones.
This is very helpful in debugging the scene and getting rid of unnecessary displacement from objects you don't want it to be on, while preserving it on the objects that should have it.
You simply cannot do the same with the render settings displacement checkbox.

ah, sorry, I misunderstood
yes it really makes sense

2021-11-08, 14:50:15
Reply #221

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If I understand it right, now we no longer have the ability to apply fake round edges on thin objects as it was possible with legacy behaviour? If yes, then I am categorically against such an innovation :D

2021-11-09, 10:44:00
Reply #222

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daily Builds Changelog 08/11/2021
Physical material - fixed specular values not working properly below 0.5

Can you please explain this fix? What was the issue?
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2021-11-09, 14:18:49
Reply #223

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daily Builds Changelog 08/11/2021
Physical material - fixed specular values not working properly below 0.5

Can you please explain this fix? What was the issue?
Hi,

This got broken a few daily builds ago. Basically values under 0.5 rendered as if they were set to 0.5.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-11-09, 15:44:35
Reply #224

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good updates with decals and displacement, thanks.
Could you please add the Decal button to the Corona toolbar.