Author Topic: Phoenix FD - rendering ocean mesh with smoothing crashes max  (Read 4700 times)

2019-10-03, 23:53:20

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm not yet sure whether it's a problem with Corona or Phoenix FD itself but couldn't find anybody on Chaosgroup forum having this issue. I also cannot compare the behaviour in Vray as I don't have a license.
I created simple "moving ship in a water" simulation using liquid container which I then render in Ocean Mesh mode.
Everything is ok until I turn on Mesh Smoothing option with "Use Liquid Particles" enabled. It smoothes out water surface in the viewport but after pressing "render" MAX usually freezes or crashes.
I did try doing it on higher and lower resolution containers but this didn't seem to have any impact, both were crashing.

I'm using max 2020, latest Phoenix FD version, and Corona 4h1 (I tested most recent Corona daily too, with same issue).
I'd appreciate any help on this.

2019-10-04, 00:51:17
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you send us the scene for testing? Can be just the problem PhoenixFD sim without the ship if needed :) https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-04, 11:35:12
Reply #2

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I uploaded packed scene with cache files and created new ticket. Thanks

2019-10-04, 14:36:22
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome, thank you!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-09-23, 21:00:30
Reply #4

mvstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-09-27, 10:30:00
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
any luck? same problem here ^^
Hi,

This is a pretty old thread. Which versions of Corona, 3ds max and Phoenix are you using?

If possible please can you submit a scene. Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-09-27, 14:03:13
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
any luck? same problem here ^^

Since this thread is pretty old, which versions of Corona and Phoenix are you using? If you are using some older versions, please try updating them to the newest ones as the first step.

I was able to locate 2 support tickets about this issue by two users.
In one case, the user stopped responding, so we could not fully understand what was happening or try to reproduce the issue.
In the second case, we were not able to reproduce the issue using the user-provided files and steps.

If you are able to reproduce this issue in the newest versions of Corona and Phoenix, please do let us know as we are interested in looking into this and making sure the Corona+Phoenix integration is as solid as possible.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us