Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

CoronaLights: quantity/quality

(1/2) > >>

fobus:
Faced with problem in night scene. As I've started to add lights to scene the quality of lights was transfered to quantity: with each new light quality of sampling lights decreasing. And I've made the test to reveal the problem. In simple scene with plane and even no GI I've placed 1200 lights in two groups (100 + 1100). With same settings for first group only turned on it was fine to have 200 passes. But with both groups turned on the same 200 passed wasn't good enough! Is it a bug or the algorithm?

Ondra:
no, this is not a bug. If you make 10 times more lights, the render will need more time to get to the same quality. This is true in all renderers (although most have an implementation that will render the same quality with same settings, only with longer time)

fobus:
Oh no! :(

And how to deal with huge amount of lights? I run our of Light Samples multiplier to reach normal quality... When ENV GI all ok the lights (and the material lights too) is too noisy. But increasing PT samples or passes will increase GI and AA samples too?

P.S.
Does Corona supports standart lights? I can't see any type of corona shadows in standart lights (and it seems to be not working).

Ondra:
standard lights are supported in the daily builds.

to deal with huge number of lights you need to let it render longer. There is no better way, but most real scenes should really not have such big problem. What you posted is a pretty artificial one ;)

fobus:
Yes this is artificial scene of course. But it is just for hunting a "bug". I have 300+ lights in night scene of residental complex (I havn't started adding lights in rooms yet). So this is a problem for me... Is there any chance to have a daily version of Corona? May be it will helps with standart lights or with DR at last...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version