Author Topic: Empty VFB and lightselect elements not updating & Other problems  (Read 13665 times)

2017-04-20, 10:25:11
Reply #30

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi guys, could you please test the latest RCs to see if the problem is still present?

If this issue happens again, please send us a minidump and a screenshot of the VFB DR tab. Thanks!

No problem with this anymore however ive had repeated crashes with RC6, at least 4 times with different scenes in Max 2017 and always when rendering.
Attached minidump to this post. I can make a new thread if necessary.
Just installed RC8 and will see if it happens anymore today.
I cannot read the minidump - can you upgrade 3dsmax? You have old version of 2017 for which Autodesk does not provide symbols
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-20, 10:35:10
Reply #31

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to be clear, you're saying that RC7 does not crash in situation where RC6 does, right? :)

Im not sure i havent installed RC7 i jumped to RC8 as i saw it was in the folder this morning. I havent had RC8 crash yet but RC6 did a few times yes. It wasnt every time, it was intermittent. Ill know by the end of the day if its still happening as i have a fair few renders to do today.

2017-04-20, 10:36:03
Reply #32

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, could you please test the latest RCs to see if the problem is still present?

If this issue happens again, please send us a minidump and a screenshot of the VFB DR tab. Thanks!

No problem with this anymore however ive had repeated crashes with RC6, at least 4 times with different scenes in Max 2017 and always when rendering.
Attached minidump to this post. I can make a new thread if necessary.
Just installed RC8 and will see if it happens anymore today.
I cannot read the minidump - can you upgrade 3dsmax? You have old version of 2017 for which Autodesk does not provide symbols

Didnt realise there was an update. Ill do that now and if it crashes again with RC8 ill upload a minidump.

EDIT: No max updates are available in the updater for me

2017-04-20, 10:51:34
Reply #33

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
weird, you have version 19.50.something, I have 19.51.something. Autodesk keeps only latest version of PDBs on their server, which means that as soon as any update rolls out, all old minidumps become worthless. Same with minidumps from people who did not update.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-20, 11:01:09
Reply #34

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
weird, you have version 19.50.something, I have 19.51.something. Autodesk keeps only latest version of PDBs on their server, which means that as soon as any update rolls out, all old minidumps become worthless. Same with minidumps from people who did not update.

According to my about box im on v19.0.
Ill install SP3 from the autodesk site and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: Ill also update my nodes as i forgot they are still on RC5

For some reason the max update installers dont do anything. They open, configure and then just dont run :/
« Last Edit: 2017-04-20, 11:29:08 by jpjapers »

2017-04-20, 12:14:55
Reply #35

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup @ondra, none of the available max updates including security patches change my version number to 19.51..... Its still 19.50.....

2017-04-20, 19:43:54
Reply #36

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
see attached - apparently the number in UI is not updated. What matters is file properties info for 3dsmax.exe executable

2017-04-21, 09:27:57
Reply #37

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
see attached - apparently the number in UI is not updated. What matters is file properties info for 3dsmax.exe executable

The number in the exe is still 19.50.....
I ran a wrapper around the updaters to make sure they were doing stuff and the log they generated was all fine so they seem to be installing.
Just a side note, when you install max service packs is there any dialog that appears or does the msp just extract the files it needs to without any UI?