Author Topic: Empty VFB and lightselect elements not updating & Other problems  (Read 13991 times)

2017-04-12, 23:51:38
Reply #15

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you please try RC4? Let me know if it solves the problem.

2017-04-12, 23:53:57
Reply #16

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you please try RC4? Let me know if it solves the problem.

will try in the morning.

@Ondra both scenes ive tried hve used dr and it starts at the beginning of the render, none of the stats appear they stay as "--- --- --- " but the dr nodes are rendering for sure.

What you have to do it open the scene, render it, then stop the render and cancel denoising. Then next time you render it will stay blank. The only fix seems to be a max restart.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13, 09:31:11 by jpjapers »

2017-04-13, 11:11:04
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is this still happening in RC4?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-13, 14:39:27
Reply #18

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this still happening in RC4?

No to the empty frame buffer but getting an issue whereby the render wont stop when DR is enabled. It stops the current pass but the time continues and you cant get out of the render mode so the only way to stop the render is to crash out max.

2017-04-13, 14:55:01
Reply #19

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No to the empty frame buffer but getting an issue whereby the render wont stop when DR is enabled. It stops the current pass but the time continues and you cant get out of the render mode so the only way to stop the render is to crash out max.

What does DR tab say in this state? Is 3ds Max still locked, or just Corona VFB? Can you start new render using buttons from Scene rollout?

2017-04-13, 15:07:12
Reply #20

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

What does DR tab say in this state? Is 3ds Max still locked, or just Corona VFB? Can you start new render using buttons from Scene rollout?

Ill check the DR tab next time i render (shouldnt be very long) , 3ds max itself isnt locked, just corona. But because corona is still rendering, i cant actually do anything to the scene apart from save it thankfully. I cant start a new render no, its as if its still rendering but the passes doesnt increase yet the time keeps going.

2017-04-13, 15:15:02
Reply #21

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ill check the DR tab next time i render (shouldnt be very long) , 3ds max itself isnt locked, just corona. But because corona is still rendering, i cant actually do anything to the scene apart from save it thankfully. I cant start a new render no, its as if its still rendering but the passes doesnt increase yet the time keeps going.

I see. Could you also create a minidump next time it happens? That would be extremely helpful.

2017-04-13, 15:23:33
Reply #22

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I see. Could you also create a minidump next time it happens? That would be extremely helpful.

Sure thing

EDIT: Ill send you the minidump, ill point out that my nodes are still using an older daily build and ill update them now and see if the problem persists after sending the dump.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13, 17:00:13 by jpjapers »

2017-04-14, 18:39:18
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
is it still happening in RC5? If yes, do you have a minidump for us? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-15, 20:37:14
Reply #24

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is it still happening in RC5? If yes, do you have a minidump for us? ;)

Im unable to test until Tuesday (Easter holidays here in UK)

2017-04-17, 15:51:37
Reply #25

fraymond3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only after ONE render with Dr activated...

2017-04-17, 16:12:08
Reply #26

fraymond3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I cant install RC5 for the moment, we have 30 slaves and I dont have time right now to do it... need some production :S

2017-04-20, 09:39:56
Reply #27

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi guys, could you please test the latest RCs to see if the problem is still present?

If this issue happens again, please send us a minidump and a screenshot of the VFB DR tab. Thanks!

2017-04-20, 09:56:15
Reply #28

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, could you please test the latest RCs to see if the problem is still present?

If this issue happens again, please send us a minidump and a screenshot of the VFB DR tab. Thanks!

No problem with this anymore however ive had repeated crashes with RC6, at least 4 times with different scenes in Max 2017 and always when rendering.
Attached minidump to this post. I can make a new thread if necessary.
Just installed RC8 and will see if it happens anymore today.

« Last Edit: 2017-04-20, 10:04:24 by jpjapers »

2017-04-20, 10:15:34
Reply #29

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Just to be clear, you're saying that RC7 does not crash in situation where RC6 does, right? :)