Author Topic: Updates?  (Read 16495 times)

2019-10-14, 10:55:42
Reply #15

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much! I see the new feature in the roadmap... I hope it will be one of the first changes because the users of Archicad subscription install immediately the new versions. Using a previous version is a sin. Attached some results obtained with Corona and Archicad 22.
Great job guys, Corona for BIM design is an essential added value!!

2019-10-14, 11:22:27
Reply #16

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Nice :) We have to sort priorities, switching to new versions is usually not so straightforward and we have to choose carefully :)
Interesting what you said, we have the experience architects are pretty conservative and even big studios are holding their licenses for quite a long period. And if they are switching, usually following this pattern 21->23, 22->24 skipping the next major release of their current version.

2019-10-14, 13:34:57
Reply #17

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe I talked about how we used to work. I think it is fundamental to follow and collaborate for the development of BIM software that today still have large gaps for those who, like us, exploit them for all phases of architectural design. A software such as yours, integrated with the BIM model, becomes a part of the design process itself. To date, carrying out the BIM design of a building also means digital visualization and you should use this message to advertise. The optimizations to work in a single environment are unmatched, which is why I strongly believe in your mission to make architectural visualization easier for architects to approach. I use 3ds Max with Corona to render my projects, but I use the 3D model from the BIM software. If I skip this step, I would save a lot of time and money. In fact I believe that software such as twinmotion or Lumion are very "dangerous" for you, the ease of use and the ever-increasing quality of the final result will greatly facilitate their diffusion. I know that many architecture studios are struggling to adapt to new versions and often fall behind, but following them penalizes those who apply to take the limit further forward because they believe that experimentation is the right way to grow. just as you have always looked for innovation I am sure that this is already your way of thinking and it remains for me to remain anxiously waiting for the new release that will allow me to watch Corona even on the newest Archicad.
I'd like to be able to help you if you need feedback with architects who work daily on BIM design.
Good work and thanks

2019-10-16, 15:03:09
Reply #18

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"experience architects are pretty conservative and even big studios are holding their licenses for quite a long period. And if they are switching, usually following this pattern 21->23, 22->24 skipping the next "

being educated and also practising architect i cannot confirm that;)
also most others here i know will jump to AC23 asap.

anyway, we start trying the Corona Archicad next days, great hat you support Archicad, our favorite cad app!

Stefan

2019-10-16, 15:34:00
Reply #19

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
@liukperry, @lllab - Thanks for the insights, I'm more than happy to learn something about how you guys are working :)

AC23: we are waiting for licenses and theoretically I can start porting the next month. We will see, some planning is ahead of us.

Btw. currently, I'm updating the plugin for the new Corona v5...
« Last Edit: 2019-10-16, 15:38:41 by alexhajdu »

2019-10-17, 22:44:55
Reply #20

spr0ckets

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice :) We have to sort priorities, switching to new versions is usually not so straightforward and we have to choose carefully :)
Interesting what you said, we have the experience architects are pretty conservative and even big studios are holding their licenses for quite a long period. And if they are switching, usually following this pattern 21->23, 22->24 skipping the next major release of their current version.

Generally this is true for a few reasons.
Migrating to new versions for architects is usually a bit task (with most projects having to run in the new versions rather than having some still on the old version and some still on the new), and due to issues like occasional instability and bugs and sometimes lack of new features to justify upgrading, some architects will opt to skip one version as they upgrade every other version or alternatively keep their office and projects a version behind the current version (with the thinking being that any version you're currently using or upgrading to, is the most stable one since Graphisoft have released all the necessary hotfixes/service packs for it and stabilized any new features).
But not all offices follow this logic as some upgrade immediately to the newest version.
(though, even those that upgrade to the latest version usually wait for a couple of weeks or months after the official release date for the first hotfix before upgrading or migrating their projects if they do. Again, for stability reasons).

So it wouldn't be exaggerating to say that if you're one of the offices upgrading immediately to the newest version, you're doing so knowing that you likely won't have access to your favorite third party plugins and addons until a while after its release since most third party developers are like you and don't have any early access to upgrade their plugins and have it ready for release with or soon after the official release of ArchiCAD itself.

Right now, even one of Graphisoft newest and stronger third party partners (Epicgames; makers of Unreal Engine and Twinmotion) don't have the latest version of their program ready for ArchiCAD 23 yet either and they've been working with GS to release this new version and cross promote each other.

So it's not unusual.

Personally I'm okay with you guys being able to port Corona into a most stable version of ArchiCAD even if it means you're doing so a couple of months late (especially since I personally don't upgrade to the latest version until 5 or 6 months later typically).Also I imagine porting to new versions is fairly complex for third party developers - with the potential of bugs on tops of bugs that might have not been patched yet by Graphisoft themselves - so the choice of porting to a (relatively) more stable version or state of a new ArchiCAD version seems to me to be a wiser decision.

2019-11-14, 09:49:01
Reply #21

uisanata

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey, the new alpha build is coming very soon - we are aiming for September.

Hello and congrats on making this.

I have searched far and wide and still can't find the link to alpha4. The release link from the forum is still alpha3.
Could you point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you.

2019-11-14, 13:15:29
Reply #22

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile

2019-11-14, 18:09:51
Reply #23

uisanata

• Users
    • View Profile
thank you.

2019-11-25, 11:17:48
Reply #24

raffe3003

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In "Status and download" section of this forum we have still Alpha 3 link, one year old.

2019-11-25, 12:53:32
Reply #25

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Yes, but this is not the part of the forum, where you should look for the daily builds. It's Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD - Daily Builds.
ANyway, I will archive mentioned thread, because it's irrelevant now.