Author Topic: Volumetric render element not saving with alpha  (Read 2154 times)

2020-02-18, 18:59:38

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So we are rendering with corona 3 hotfix 2 still. We have found a bug that when we render a batch sequence the
render elements for volumetrics are randomly saving with and with an alpha chanel in the tiff file.

Is this a know bug? Anyone ever encounterd this on version 3 or higher?

Thanks in advance

2020-02-19, 17:27:43
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This could have been the same issue as the "randomly saving huge EXRs" one. If that's the case, that would be a 3ds Max issue, where the values specified in the "save file" dialog are stored per-computer rather than per-scene. As we currently understand it, this is currently by design in 3ds Max.
Same thing will happen if you specify to save your file with 100% JPG quality, and then render it on another computer, where this is set to 90% - you will get a lower quality JPG.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-02-20, 09:55:57
Reply #2

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, so to be clear what you are saying is that we need to set all workstations and renderstations to the same setting by hand?

2020-02-20, 17:06:47
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm not sure how or where the tiff settings are saved.

But if it is the same as the exr settings then yes you would need to set this manually or copy the tiff settings file which is stored locally to all of the workstations.

We are speaking with Autodesk to see if there is a workaround for the exr issue.

I hope this helps, feel free to send over your scene and we can take a look.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-02-20, 18:22:02
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm not sure how or where the tiff settings are saved.

My guess: yes, the same as with EXRs: see plugcfg directory -> "tif.cfg". It should be "enough" to copy around that file after configuring the output on one box. If you need only one tif setup once and for all, then this might be workaround.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-02-21, 15:08:52
Reply #5

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok cool, I'll have a look at the .cfg file. That might come in handy. Thanks guys.