Author Topic: What driver version are you guys using with Geforce cards?  (Read 2496 times)

2014-12-19, 08:47:50

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First, I know it's not Coronas fault but something inside of Max.

I recently made the mistake of updating my GTX 670 drivers for no real reason, and after that I get constant freezes with material editor. It can be anything from trying to load a bitmap for diffuse channel, or just changing standard Max material to Corona material. Sometimes the freezes are about a minute in length, oftentimes I've let is load for 10 whole minutes before forcing Max to shut down. It gets really annoying, even more so knowing it's because I upgraded the drivers.. so any suggestions regarding the best version (no lag in material editor) Geforce drivers or any other solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm using Max 2015 with the latest SP
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19, 09:01:51 by vkiuru »

2014-12-19, 11:46:57
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use the latest Nvidia drivers with no problem :P

In fact I had to upgrade them yesterday for an old project because iRay was giving problems due to outdated drivers, I upgraded to the latest certified WHQL drivers and it's working perfectly.

Cheers.

2014-12-19, 12:38:21
Reply #2

jorari71

• Active Users
    • View Profile
vkiuru: reduce the quality of your material library preview samples. Sometimes it lates too much times, it's true, although no more than 1 minute.

I've got a GTS250.

And remember that Corona don't use your GPU for render.

2014-12-20, 10:26:16
Reply #3

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys but this is something else entirely (not preview samples) as Max comes to a total freeze even when clicking open the Material/Map browser. I guess I'll just have to install old legacy drivers until the problem hopefully sorts itself out :)

2014-12-20, 12:55:02
Reply #4

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, the solution was to switch from Compact Material Editor to Slate.. in case someone struggles with similar oddities. I really don't get Max sometimes.