Author Topic: Noise issue  (Read 3979 times)

2014-12-16, 02:51:08

aliyahsavannah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys,
How do I improve my renders? I attemptted rendering this scene over 216 passess however, I was unable to sought ways to improve the level noise in my scenes.

I really want to thank you for Corona!!! I have been challenged with properly lighting many 3D scenes until now.

2014-12-16, 10:33:20
Reply #1

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2014-12-16, 17:08:47
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You may want to increase Record Quality in HD Cache settings - there's clearly visible blotches in corners of your room.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-16, 17:12:32
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You may want to increase Record Quality in HD Cache settings - there's clearly visible blotches in corners of your room.

Actually, HDcache almost never causes blotches just like that. Most of the times it's not completely watertight geometry. CAD meshes with small gaps, and things like that, which make HDcache records leak through :)

2014-12-16, 17:45:16
Reply #4

aliyahsavannah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys! currently I am working on the scene implementing the tips provided.

Great engagement from the Corona members indeed!

2014-12-17, 11:46:27
Reply #5

aliyahsavannah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After 356 render passes this is what the image looks like.

2014-12-19, 01:48:14
Reply #6

aliyahsavannah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, I really need your feedback on what I can do better. So I have made some changes to my scene. 12 to 13 hours of render time, I am still seeing noise in the scene. please help me out?

Here  is my computer info may be I have a slow computer should I upgrade?
Processor: Intel Core i7 - 4930K CPU 3.4GHz overclock at 4.2GHz
RAM 32GB
MB- Asus -P9X79-E WS
64bit Operating system running Windows 8.1

2014-12-19, 11:10:12
Reply #7

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi  aliyahsavannah

I think the noise you are seeing is direct light noise, I have some questions:

1.- Do you use a portal in the window? because I think you are not using portals hence that type of noise, if you pick the sample scene used in the benchmark and remove the portals you will see similar problem in the light casted over the door frame, beisde the couch.

2.- you can try bucket mode, work with a small portion of your image and try to find the best configuration so you can remove the noise, after that render the full image with the current settings and check for noise again.

But anyways I think the problem comes from direct light that comes fromt he window, another test you can doo is to shut off the environment light and check if you have noise in the picture, you don't need to render it at full res to check that, but if you want to, render just a problematic region, not the full image :)

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers!

EDIT: BTW another question, are you using full values for difuse colors? I mean, a full white (1.0,1.0,1.0 or 255,255,255) or near to that values colors? because that can cause noise also, try to avoid that values.

2014-12-22, 20:05:05
Reply #8

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
If you checkin' the passes, than you will find where comes that noise. For me usually the reflections and indirect light makes noises. And check the albedo pass too. If there you see red colors, that mean you use to high value for the colors or reflections. That's should make noisy.

But...If you have a noise like this, mutch faster if you solve it in post. I think.
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-12-22, 20:28:30
Reply #9

aliyahsavannah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys for the help!