Author Topic: Animation flicker  (Read 2935 times)

2022-07-10, 17:35:04
Reply #15

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK, well, as fate would have it, I just experience the exact same issue as @malindis did. See the image for more info, but maybe the issue is with how Corona handles stacked materials in C4D?

Hi you are maybe right... I have also stacked materials for my leaves... I have a hair material underneath to create the leaf and on top the leaf material itself... I haven't found another easy way to animate leaves...

I also have made some tests and it happens that when i'm not rendering the bark it renders fine...

2022-07-10, 18:24:52
Reply #16

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That might be it.
At an early stage (3GB mem limit era) I learned to keep scenes tidy & clean. I also never stack materials.   

2022-07-10, 19:42:53
Reply #17

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean we should be able to use stacked materials, especially with leaves. Set one to Front and one to Back. I pretty sure there is a Corona tutorial showing this practice. Curious about the bark affecting the leaves.

2022-07-10, 21:23:43
Reply #18

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to stack materials for Front/Back, but use Layered, masking w/ "Normal Direction" (see attached)
Though for a tree at such distance, quality & LOD it's mostly wasted energy (unnoticeable, unless there are bugs ;)

And yes, bugs need to get out. 

2022-07-11, 08:25:15
Reply #19

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to stack materials for Front/Back, but use Layered, masking w/ "Normal Direction" (see attached)
Though for a tree at such distance, quality & LOD it's mostly wasted energy (unnoticeable, unless there are bugs ;)

And yes, bugs need to get out.

Hi,
I havent stacked my material for Front/Back... It's stacked because i use a hair material to create the leaf geometry and a simple material (diffuse, reflection, opacity) for the leaf material...

2022-07-11, 14:17:05
Reply #20

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
have you analyzed your scene in detail yet
care to post here an excerpt of it, a test scene with an issue exposed
maybe someone comes up w/ a solution or can pinpoint a culprit