Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Bump texture rendering too smooth

<< < (2/5) > >>

burnin:
For perfectionist, just bump is just a bitter tasting fake ;) so maybe corona/Normal shader can help you a bit more, since it takes light direction into account.
btwdo you have any reference you need to comply to or just cruising?

here's continuation w/o displacement and reference as I imagine it to be good enough, idk...

Mac3DX:
Yes I agree, I'm going to experiment with the normal shader, I didn't know I could connect procedural textures to it. These examples that I provided were something random and simple with the purpose of learnig the basic principles, now I'm going to try to create the material for real.
I really appreciate your help.

Cinemike:
Remember that the Normalizer shader (which you need, there is no point in plugging the Noise directly into the Normal shader) needs a Noise in 2D (UV) space, so you lose your 3D shader.

prince_jr:
there is another point i wanna bring in...
at the moment i'm struggeling with bump and displacement in case of "uvw mapping" and "box mapping". when using uvw, the bump or displacement seems to be fine. changing the same material to "box mapping" seems to make the bump or displacement softer or even inexistent.
> please see the 2 pictures attached
> i'm using corona 8 hotfix 1, c4d r23.110

are you aware of this? is it a bug or just a user related problem?
thanks for all your inputs.

Mac3DX:
Would be very nice to have a file to look into. Try to reproduce it with a simple object.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version