Author Topic: Render element problem  (Read 1465 times)

2022-04-18, 23:45:32

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I am a bit of a novice when it comes to advance rendering. I bought a file online done in Corona 6 (I upgraded to 8 yesterday.).

After rendering this file for an hour+. For the 5 frames rendered, I saw dozens of rendered files in the rendering folder, instead of the 5 files that I expected to see ! I remembered something about "render elements" in a long tutorial that I did in the past (though I didn't finish the tutorial, think that this was way over my head). And indeed there were several render elements that related to the file...each with an output into the folder.  I have no idea how to composite them. I tried to render with the elements off and got a dark band in the rendering.

The rendering that says "interactive light mix" seems to be the rendering that I want. I'm not sure what to do with the others. (When I turn them the other elements, leaving  interactive light mix" on, I just get a black rendering. I tried to render with all the elements off and got a dark band in the rendering.
)

Do anyone know how to render it so that I can get one image per frame that looks like the "interactive light mix".... instead of adding all those other render element frames?

2022-04-19, 08:54:35
Reply #1

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After looking at an old tutorial, I see that I can export as a single frame EXR file(by adding all Render Elements). Unfortunately, these EXR files don't work in Premiere correctly. I just want a single tiff or even a jpeg file, but it apparently doesn't work that way. Apparently, After Effect works with EXr files so I'm downloading from my Adobe cloud subscription... and hope that I can figure it out....

2022-04-19, 13:21:06
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to composite them unless you want to - the file named "LightMix" contains what you see in the VFB LightMix, and if that is the result you want, then you just need to open and use those files. The rest can be deleted.

Max unfortunately always likes to save everything. If you want to composite things, then Linear Add of the various layers other layers NOT including LightMix or the Beauty RGB will work, letting you recreate the LightMix effect by using different opacities for each light layer (or different Exposure values using whatever tool in your software applies Exposure), and you can change colors via Tint or other similar controls in your post-production software. If all you are doing is recreating the LightMix blend, then that's unnecessary though - only really useful if you want to animate different layers turning on or off or changing color etc.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-04-21, 10:31:03
Reply #3

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I deleted all render elements, changed the 2 sided rectangle lights to spheres, and lowered their intensity quite a bit. It worked wonderfully with good results and a faster rendering time.