Author Topic: Feedback for Kitchen Project  (Read 5315 times)

2022-01-24, 17:31:42

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm struggeling with this kitchen project, don't know which way to go. Which Version do you like the most?

Also I am not happy with it in terms of photorealism. Any tips?
I think the black carpet looks better already and i know the wooden chairs need some more work... what else?
« Last Edit: 2022-01-24, 17:59:12 by daniel. »

2022-01-24, 17:37:24
Reply #1

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
some more views. but most important is the main view.

2022-01-24, 21:37:27
Reply #2

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like first picture the most. Other two have too much dark colors for my taste.

As for the imporovements, scene looks great to me. Perhaps could use some dust and fingertips (especially on kitchen island).

2022-01-24, 21:58:37
Reply #3

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
proportions are important. The plant, the oven, the shelf decor seem off at first glance. You Also have a lot of very sharp/square edges which can effect realism. There are some flat textures in the island and cabinet that need attention too.

2022-01-25, 14:24:27
Reply #4

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perhaps could use some dust and fingertips (especially on kitchen island).
The kitchen is made of Anti-fingerprint material and should look clean. So I think this is not what I can change.

proportions are important. The plant, the oven, the shelf decor seem off at first glance. You Also have a lot of very sharp/square edges which can effect realism. There are some flat textures in the island and cabinet that need attention too.
Yes. I am struggeling with the proportions of mugs, plates, vases... because there are so many different sizes available, I already scaled them up in the last picture, still I am not sure if it is better. The oven has the right dimensions. I will try to scale the plant down in the next version, also chamfer the edges more (1mm is not enough? seems realistic to me). The material is one color in very matte finish... I do not know what texture I could use for this. Any suggestions? something like noise, because it is not that perfect?

Thank you both. And please everybody else do not hesitate and tell me what your opinion is on this. All comments are welcome.

2022-01-28, 10:56:23
Reply #5

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried to make a new version. I chamfered the edges more. scaled the plant down. Some new colors. But in general there is not much change. Really don't know what to do. Like I said the Kitchen should look new and clean. What do you guys think about the backround? maybe that is wrong? or something else?

2022-01-28, 13:41:13
Reply #6

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
I do not think you are far from achieving what you intended, just probably your eyes have gotten used on this ambient (that is I assume why you've started the thread, for a new perspective).

What I can suggest is the "outsides" in the windows should look overexposed normally, but you can fake it in the way you used backdrops. I just think it is too dark, things inside are brighter
than outside. Keep it but just make it brighter to a point where you can still make out what is it (the backdrop landscape).

The reference attached, I just edited a little the contrast and made it just a tad bit darker overall cause for me it looks just a little overexposed.
The chairs maybe need a turbosmooth, and try adding a light that lights only the chairs for a defining the shapes more maybe.  And try croping a little the empty space that is on the tiles, maybe push the carpet a little toward the kitchen.

Hope these suggestions help you in any way, and good luck to you!

2022-01-28, 14:45:21
Reply #7

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much! The chair is a model I downloaded for free just to test wooden chairs as an alternative to the blue ones. I will buy/make another chair model, but I don't know yet which chair exactly I want. I tried to correct exposure a little.

Also, I need the picture in DIN and 16:9 format. Maybe I should try some other furniture in the foreground for DIN format version.

2022-01-28, 16:09:08
Reply #8

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Nothing man, hope it helps.
Yes, you can pull the chairs and add a layout complete with a table in foreground, not sure in the matter of pointing the attention to the table and removing it from the kitchen.
You can experiment with it if you want to keep that ratio. Just put the intended models and it should help if you decide in design and know that you wont be changing again.

2022-01-31, 17:55:14
Reply #9

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
are you using multipasses? I think some darker shadows would help a ton

2022-02-01, 09:22:16
Reply #10

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I am using multipasses. I kind of liked the bright image. But to be honest I worked on this for so long, I really don't know what to think anymore. Do you think the 2nd picture (with blue chairs) is better? The shadows are more dark in that one. Maybe I should focus more to work on my postprocessing than the actual 3D work.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-01, 09:40:25 by daniel. »

2022-02-03, 13:47:20
Reply #11

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i worked on it a little more, made some lighting changes. I also tried to use some flare...  what do you think? getting better? or just a little different?

2022-02-03, 14:22:31
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know what your end goal is, but it looks to me that you're fixated on irrelevant details, while there are some fundamental issues left without attention. Like for example whole composition looks boring with lots of flat, empty spaces. It doesn't matter if your materials looks realistic or not, if i find the image not interesting, i will close it right away. Maybe try to find some more interesting camera angles, play with lighting, see what fits better to your scene. You can always refine materials, once the basics are done. Also background's perspective doesn't look like matching with the rest of the image.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-02-03, 15:32:35
Reply #13

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you are right. Unfortunatly, I don't know what my goal is either. I would like to make a more stunning picture, but I don't know how to achieve that. That is why I am here, after all,  to learn how to make a stunning image. And yes, because I don't know what big changes I need, I just make some little adjustments render it again, post process it again and waste a lot of time.

So maybe it is a good idea to change the architecture completely?
When I look at other images, I often like empty walls with just a nice light on it.... but here not so much.

Thanks to all of you who try to help me.

2022-02-07, 12:28:51
Reply #14

daniel.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made some changes in Architecture so I could get a little closer to the kitchen and get rid of some empty spaces. But for me it looks just less spacious. Do you think it is better?