Author Topic: Disappearing proxies and other oddities.  (Read 3915 times)

2014-01-10, 12:52:04

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Hi!

First off. Great piece of software, surprised how quickly I started to enjoy using it.

I have recently switched my current personal project from Vray to Corona. And am really liking it so far. I have found it much faster for this particular scene. I also really like it's iterative rendering for working on complex materials. The material editor preview is much better than Vrays too.

I am also currently experiencing a few bugs. So it thought I'd let you know.

The main issue I'm having is parts of CoronaProxy objects randomly not rendering.

I attached an image showing the problem. The top left was region rendered with the objects not appearing properly. The rest was rendered previously and came out correctly. I applied just a standard Corona Material to the second one to try and rule out a material problem.

A couple of other things I noticed. Apologies if these have already been brought up before or if this is the wrong section.

In the top left there you can see the light reflected in the dryer door has a circular highlight in the middle. I can't seem to figure out where that is coming from. The ceiling light is just a plain emitting Corona material

Also, when I use the scroll wheel in The Corona VFB I get a crash every time.

Thanks again and hopefully this information is of some use.

2014-01-10, 13:10:20
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
How often do the disappearing geometry happen? I've probably fixed it already, but I can try just to make sure, if you upload me the scene (including the proxies) here: http://corona-renderer.com/upload/.

The VFB crash is also already fixed. For the highlight, I would have to see the scene. but it is possible that it is for example a reflection on backside of the glass
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-10, 13:14:37
Reply #2

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Thanks for the quick reply. It's a huge scene so it may be better for me to upload to Dropbox and then forward you the link if that's OK? Let me see if I can compress it nicely.

2014-01-10, 13:18:04
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I would be a lot more concerned about this scene being so incredibly noisy after 25 minutes of rendering... ;)

2014-01-10, 13:23:05
Reply #4

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Yeah, for sure. I think a lot of this may be due to all the reflection/refraction of the washers and driers. I'm going to be experimenting to see what's causing this. :)

2014-01-10, 13:34:08
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Only 77K rays per second? Something must be wrong with how you setup your scene. You may want read this: http://corona-renderer.com/wiki/performance_debugging
« Last Edit: 2014-01-10, 13:37:59 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-01-10, 14:03:02
Reply #6

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
I think when the error occurs it renders much more slowly.

Edit.

Thanks for the link btw, useful info! Without the error I get about 1,300,000
« Last Edit: 2014-01-10, 14:28:30 by bishbashross »

2014-01-10, 16:30:50
Reply #7

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
I uploaded a text file with the dropbox links. Sorry about the big files.

2014-01-14, 17:03:07
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I've fixed a potential source of the problems, and now the bug does not happen here
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)