Author Topic: Corona bitmap tiling control  (Read 2791 times)

2018-11-08, 16:03:50

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is there a way to lock U and V tiling in Corona bitmap? In regular bitmap you can connect bezier float to U and V tiling and you're good to go, in Cbitmap you can connect bezier point3 to UVScale, but that doesn't lock them or you can connect bezier float to point3 XYZ and then into UVScale - that does lock U and V, but disables controls from within CBitmap, which is not good at all. Is there another way to do this?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-08, 16:43:07
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, that's exactly how it's done in my 3rd example, but why it is working for you and doesn't work for me?

2018-11-08, 17:01:08
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's because i have two nodes(x+y, z), and i am spinning V tiling, other scenarios seems not working =(

2018-11-08, 19:15:31
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's weird. I will report this as a bug, as it's clearly not normal behaviour. Thanks for your input!

2018-11-13, 10:36:43
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Romullus, I have two questions:

1) What is the main purpose of this thread? Is it about getting help from the users on how this could be done, or is this something the devs should take a look at, and provide some solution? (e.g. a "lock" button in Corona Bitmap - not sure if possible, just an example)

2) What is the bug that you mentioned in your last message. Is it reported somewhere?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-13, 11:17:57
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
My goal was to evaluate option to resave my material library to Cbitmap format. Currently majority materials in my library uses native bitmap with real world mapping and locked U and V tiling (also locked across all the maps in the same material). Since i couldn't replicate exact locking in Cbitmaps, like i could in native bitmaps, i asked in the forum if i'm missing something. As revealed by sprayer, it seems there's a bug in how Corona interprets some controllers. And yes, i have reported it on the mantis: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=3088

2018-11-13, 15:54:08
Reply #6

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+ 10 for some sort of lock feature. Would make the life in Max so much easier :)

2018-11-13, 16:01:04
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just to be clear, i have no problem with the way locking is implemented by Autodesk, it's just that it doesn't work properly with Corona bitmap. I don't think we need explicit U and V lock controls in Cbitmap UI, but we certainly need it to work properly.

2018-12-10, 10:52:54
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged in the tracker id=298800987
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-23, 15:04:10
Reply #9

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has there been any progress or new-found workarounds for this?  I'm in the same boat, and it's not always about keeping U and V locked together but there are instances (especially with Arroway textures) where you want to have U locked from bitmap to bitmap and V locked separately from bitmap to bitmap.  It seems my post yesterday (under feature request) was a duplicate of this but it's nice to know others use controllers for their materials like I do too and suffer (right word?) from the tiling limitations of the CoronaBitmap.