Author Topic: Corona 1.6 Release Candidate 3 is out now!  (Read 3089 times)

2017-04-11, 21:58:53

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona 1.6 Release Candidate 3 is out now!

Everyone with an active FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license has access, and the download is in the usual location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a

This build is looking pretty stable (the changelog is shorter this time around as a result), so we expect minimal changes between this and the final release  - unless your testing uncovers any new problems of course, so please test as much as your time allows! We appreciate it as it is what ensures everything is as stable as possible.

Changes this time around are:

- Improved error message in Corona Standalone when the user tries to save to .hdr format (which is currently not supported for saving)

- Replaced the Corona logo in the interactive docked viewport with the “Options” button

- Replaced the “All to 0” button in the LightMix tab with a toggle that switches all checkboxes on or off

Misc UI tweaks
- Fixed saving rendered .cxr images when rendering with Backburner by splitting to stripes

Scatter:
- Fixed point cloud viewport display sometimes randomly jumping around
- Updated the lister script to support the new scatter functionality

Thanks!
   Tom
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:22:04 by maru »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-12, 02:09:45
Reply #1

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One problem, I am rendering a 6000 pixels image, with 10 render nodes, images takes 2.5 hrs and gets denoised and saved properly all nodes render passes properly, but when finished the VFB still has the play button greyed out and the square button blue. Pressing the blue button doesn't do anything.
Max isn't using more than 4% of cpu so clearly not still rendering.
Happens every time. I have to close max and restart it to render the next scene.
File is very big 1GB in hard disk size.

2017-04-12, 05:44:53
Reply #2

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One problem, I am rendering a 6000 pixels image, with 10 render nodes, images takes 2.5 hrs and gets denoised and saved properly all nodes render passes properly, but when finished the VFB still has the play button greyed out and the square button blue. Pressing the blue button doesn't do anything.
Max isn't using more than 4% of cpu so clearly not still rendering.
Happens every time. I have to close max and restart it to render the next scene.
File is very big 1GB in hard disk size.

if you click the X in the frame buffer it will close and you can launch another render, and the DR works so this didn't affect the render nodes. but if you close it and then choose see frame buffer it will open and the square for stop will still be blue and the play button is grayed out, you can launch a new render by clicking render in max. Other than that no issues I have been trying the IR on a nasty sketchup model full with double faces and an HDR changing materials on the fly no problems yet.

2017-04-12, 10:05:11
Reply #3

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
one other issue, my file is very big, 1GB, I send a 6000 pixels to render it takes 10 minutes to start the first pass on the master, still loading on the slave, I find a mistake, I cancel everything stops, I wait a few minutes then I send the job again the DR nodes start renderign but the menu says they're not running, even though most of them are making correct passes. see attached.

2017-04-12, 11:04:01
Reply #4

WalterSulivan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello ! So , If I understand correctly , all that rapid release candidates is because 
devs are waiting for 3d max 2018 to officially release corona  1.6 support for 3d max 2018 ?
in other words will corona 1.6 final build have support for 2018 max ?
its out by the way , I'm downloading new max now 

2017-04-12, 11:12:15
Reply #5

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello ! So , If I understand correctly , all that rapid release candidates is because 
devs are waiting for 3d max 2018 to officially release corona  1.6 support for 3d max 2018 ?
in other words will corona 1.6 final build have support for 2018 max ?
its out by the way , I'm downloading new max now

no this is purely to crush Vray

2017-04-12, 13:29:05
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
one other issue, my file is very big, 1GB, I send a 6000 pixels to render it takes 10 minutes to start the first pass on the master, still loading on the slave, I find a mistake, I cancel everything stops, I wait a few minutes then I send the job again the DR nodes start renderign but the menu says they're not running, even though most of them are making correct passes. see attached.

I experienced same issue I think.

After subsequent resending of scene, Master reports slaves as "not running" but Slaves are rendering just fine and sending passes somewhere I guess :- ).

Only happened once and it corrected in next restart I believe. Didn't pay much attention...
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-04-12, 13:52:59
Reply #7

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the 1.6 RC1 im experiencing some issues with max whereby the material editor previews make max completely unresponsive when being populated when it hits a multisub.

[EDIT] Tried with RC3 and it got past the multisub and filled all the ME slots but it still completely froze max and so now is totally unresponsive with the file im working on.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-12, 14:28:42 by jpjapers »

2017-04-12, 14:20:10
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to add, received a user report of the Master machine not clearing the VFB to start another render after a render completes using DR - the VFB continues to show the rotating smiley, and the "Render" button is greyed out; however, all slave machines stop and are ready to re-render, auto save has saved the images, and CPU use is low, so it is not still rendering, just hasn't reset ready for a new render. The user has been closing and restarting Max to resolve.

Also, anyone having corrupt PNG format files on autosave? The user reported the same thing, only with PNGs - the autosaved ones for render passes are corrupt, but doing another "Save All" manually from the VFB gets correctly formatted PNGs.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-12, 14:40:28
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Must have been a rogue material in the editor, possibly a vray material coupled with a missing DLL.

using for i = 1 to 24 do (meditMaterials = Standardmaterial ()) to clear it out sorted it for me

2017-04-12, 16:53:23
Reply #10

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New scene, RC3, Hit render, the VFB Stays empty and it had run for 500 passes with DR enabled.
I also experienced this with Apr 3rd Daily and the RC1 but you guys were unable to reproduce the problem with the scene i uploaded.
This is a different scene with none of the same elements so either its an issue with max or an issue with the corona install unfortunately.

2017-04-12, 22:33:59
Reply #11

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New scene, RC3, Hit render, the VFB Stays empty and it had run for 500 passes with DR enabled.
I also experienced this with Apr 3rd Daily and the RC1 but you guys were unable to reproduce the problem with the scene i uploaded.
This is a different scene with none of the same elements so either its an issue with max or an issue with the corona install unfortunately.

this happened to me a few times only to realise I had no lights or they were too weak, can you check for that?

2017-04-12, 22:59:21
Reply #12

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

this happened to me a few times only to realise I had no lights or they were too weak, can you check for that?
I had this happen too with only a few objects in the viewport. However, there was no alpha visible so probably too weak lights were not the issue. This happened with the last DB before RC1, 6-Apr ot 7-Apr, not a RC release. Could not reproduce either.