Author Topic: New VFB features  (Read 15953 times)

2016-02-05, 09:22:22
Reply #15

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe is too much to ask but some zebras for overexposed and underexposed could be great, also an option to superpose one render element over the beauty render to check things, and finally the obvious option to save previous renders and have the ability to compare those renders between them.

Cheers.

2016-02-05, 09:58:12
Reply #16

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd like to be able to see 360 renderings properly (something like Google StreetView or other 360 rendering viewers). + for VR camera with the ability to switch between left and right eye.

2016-02-08, 13:05:24
Reply #17

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
also it will be great if we have a difference blending mode (something like photoshop) in render comparison , so we can find which things are changed in new render.

2016-02-08, 22:44:15
Reply #18

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It took me a little while to understand where the "clear VFB inbetween renders" was and it was also confusing since the same option is available in the performance tab under interactive rendering.

It would be quite obvious to have this option only available in de VFB display when rendering I guess and preferably unticked by default.

2016-02-11, 10:34:13
Reply #19

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
It took me a little while to understand where the "clear VFB inbetween renders" was and it was also confusing since the same option is available in the performance tab under interactive rendering.

It would be quite obvious to have this option only available in de VFB display when rendering I guess and preferably unticked by default.

This! It's a hassle to search for the Clear VFB and then find the right one at that. I don't particularly care where the option for IR clearing is, but please put a checkbox or something somewhere on the VFB.

Also, +100 for filmic tonemapping as mentioned previously. :)

2016-02-15, 10:24:50
Reply #20

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I already wrote this but I was asked to paste this here.

https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max

Hi I have noticed some FVB improvements, I would like to suggest one more.

CoronaMap tab, Is it possible to add the "CameraExposure" buttons like those in:
Basic photographic exposure.
DOF etc. In some subtabs there? It would come up handy, especialy the BPE, as it locks the exposure during render.

@@@@@@@

Other thing is that I would like to see this:

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2016-02-15, 10:48:11
Reply #21

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Exciting times! ;)

I'd like to see what everyone else here is clamouring for, of course, but also:

- Clear VFB Within Region Only option - currently it seems that if you clear VFB between renders it kills the entire VFB, not just the current region.

- Mark-Up Tool - just a simple red pen tool so we can make some marks and notes

- Multiple Regions at same time

- Dynamic zoom levels

- Zoom about cursor instead of centre

- Zoom buttons (useful for tablets/remote control)

- Set Region Off (and On) Toggle

- Big one for us: A proper realtime link so even when you are using CoronaCameraMod on your camera, you can still control those settings in the VFB. Currently they all get greyed out when you do this. In other words, for the VFB to pick up all the current settings from the CCM and then pipe them back into the CCM as you change them.

If we think of more we'll edit this post.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2016-02-15, 17:10:07
Reply #22

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
- Multiple Regions at same time.....would be a dream feature.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-02-15, 17:44:03
Reply #23

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
Alex, Noah,

What did you think of my 'hold shift to add' region marquee suggestion?

2016-02-15, 18:12:34
Reply #24

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
like PS, natural
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-02-15, 18:13:15
Reply #25

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Alex, Noah,

What did you think of my 'hold shift to add' region marquee suggestion?

Sounds spot-on to me, yep.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2016-02-16, 09:25:14
Reply #26

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I thought somebody already posted that but I cannot find it so:

- Zoom in interactive VFB

Edit:

- Panning not only with Mouse3 but additionally Photoshop style (SPACE+LeftMouse)

« Last Edit: 2016-03-31, 17:03:23 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-02-18, 17:14:14
Reply #27

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi all, as I've begun to write down some of the most needed features I can think of, I realized that one way or another most of them are already implemented in vfb+ so instead of doing some super-superlong and hardly readable post (doing which I usually end up with) I did some ugly infographics using vfb+ as a template )) https://flic.kr/p/DaNBaa

Well first of all I completely agree with Pokoy's Reply #6 - yes it would be awesome and most surely compatibility between corona and vfb+ should be improved and as I've seen in Juraj's thread there is some discussion with Rotem (vfb+ developer) about that already

As for the other request, well allmost all such features are allready implemented in VFB+ so I automatically agree with those too ) + of course I agree with the need of a multiregion render as well as the renderer sampling focus painting which would be totally awesome + I think the interactive renderer deserves a separate start button

What I can suggest for post-processing capabilities:

- remixing the render channels directly in vfb - like making reflection\refraction\volumetric pass more prominent changing their tint etc. which probably, when enabled, needs to either automatically enable all those needed channels in render setup or just be useable only when the appropriate channels are enabled manually by user and thus it needs some pointing which ones needs to be in corona's warnings dialog - possibly this feature should come with some sort of per channel masking support which could use whatever b\w or even material ID channel

- lut, adjustments\color correction masking using z-depth channel as a mask - it can be quite useable and help produce very interesting results

- fog\volumetrics mixing\adding\masking by the same z-depth channel, probably for the best effect corona should have separate sss and fog\atmospheric channels but even now it could work great

- same z-depth powered masking for bloom\glare effects could be quite useable too

- per channel noise and firefly reduction in addition to ability to do that, like the VFB+ does, for the whole beauty channel

well I think you get the idea, and yeah those are a Photoshop's capabilities inside Corona's vfb - no less )

Still I mostly agree with Alessandro in Reply #9 or at least with the last part about development concentration on unsupported\nonexistent renderer features rather than redoing already present ones, such as replicating a post processing features already present in vfb+\Photoshop\Lightroom etc. While I think Render legion can have their own reasons to consider adding such features in corona's vfb, most important of all I think is a similar cross platform capabilities of corona's vfb on all supported software where let's say vfb+ or similar plugins are not available, still it's quite hard to imagine Photoshop being unavailable to those users ...

So that's my thoughts and probably such post processing features can be implemented another way - by doing some sort of corona specific Photoshop plugin which could do all of the above using corona's vfb's EXR dump as a transfer format, well something similar to ArionFx is but better and with more features )) 

hell, I ended up with superlongpost again ...

2016-02-19, 20:18:14
Reply #28

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A simple but very useful thing that could be added is gamma control. I find it to be more effective than contrast and it would not clamp hdr values (which makes contrast useless in many situations anyways).

2016-05-02, 11:19:27
Reply #29

Tarrin

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi CoronaTeam!

About CFB History

- autosave shot to history after ending/canceling rendering
- ablility to choose folder for history files
- memory limit for history files
- load all history after opening new scene (it`s very usefull when you need to rerender one of the objects in the scene after few days).

These features would be helpfull and great.
----------------------------

Also about White Balance picker as in Adobe Camera Raw - it would be very cool. I`m wondering about "Corona Camera Raw" with all features from ACR (exept model of lens detection maybe) and Knoll Light Factory plugin.