Author Topic: Looking for a professional Realtime service  (Read 2165 times)

2021-11-29, 10:32:02

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi all,

I have a big scene I'm creating for a client. It's a cityscape covering 2-3 blocks of a real London location.

The client threw me a bit of a curveball half-way through the project and said they now want the ability to view the whole scene in VR. This isn't a service I generally offer. Typically I'd test it out myself, either porting it into Unreal or converting it into Vray and using Vray vision (is this compatible with VR?). I don't really have the hardware either, unfortunately.

However, as this is quite a high-profile project and client so I want to give them the best.

Does anyone know a company, person, or service that can do a good, professional job of taking a 3DSmax model (in Corona) and convert it to be used in realtime software and with VR headsets?

The software/hardware doesn't really have to be of any particular type, though I guess Oculus with Unreal might be the best option?

Thanks for any tips!
« Last Edit: 2021-11-29, 10:44:13 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-11-29, 14:48:30
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Do they mean in realtime VR, or do they mean pre-set viewpoints in VR that you can move to and/or a preset animation? The second can be done more easily since that just requires renders and delivery software - the first will require conversion of the scene into a realtime format. You can tell them the difference in price each will bring with it for work not covered in their initial brief ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-29, 15:00:44
Reply #2

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

Great point actually. Somehow this totally evaded my mind, that I can create 360 panoramas for them, at various spots. I'll suggest this to them as an alternate.

But, I do fear that they want a fully 'walkable' (not necessarily interactive) scene in VR. I know this increases the price point a LOT, but I think they have their heart set on it.

If anyone knows of some professional experts who can do this conversion for us, that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks again
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2021-11-29, 15:33:56
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure, and handy to find out about those services in case you need them in future even if they aren't needed this time around. Good luck with the project, whichever approach they decide they want to go with!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-29, 20:43:46
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also consider this ain't a walk in  park situation, depending on scene specs (consumption VS budget) for final output, scene will most likely need to be converted & optimized (polys reduced, lightmaps baked...) to run @60fps in ~2K.

2021-11-30, 09:25:50
Reply #5

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Also consider this ain't a walk in  park situation, depending on scene specs (consumption VS budget) for final output, scene will most likely need to be converted & optimized (polys reduced, lightmaps baked...) to run @60fps in ~2K.

Hi. Thanks for your input.

Yes, I agree. This is why I'm looking for a professional service. Someone who deals with this as their primary service.

I know it will be an big undertaking, which is why I'm unwilling to try it myself.

It is a very big scene, and a lot of knowledge and decision making will be required to properly port this into real-time.

If anyone has any leads, it'd be much appreciated :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D