Author Topic: Lights turning on and off  (Read 576 times)

2023-10-28, 17:32:28

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.  My lights are turning off. 

This is my 2nd attempt (I've turned off adaptive light solver)

Any more ideas what I can do to have them not flicker on and off?

Thanks

2023-10-30, 08:25:29
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I don't think the light are turning on or off, but their reflection appears to be changing.
I would advise resetting the render settings, and making sure you are rendering with settings which are best for animation:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528617365649-How-to-use-the-UHD-Cache-for-animations-and-stills-in-Corona-for-3ds-Max-

The flickering can also depend on the lighting setup - if there are fakes or obscured light sources (including Z-fighting), it can cause such flickering.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-10-30, 10:13:23
Reply #2

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

We've rendered hundreds of animation so know how do them.

In the past turning off adaptive light solver has fixed this issue.

I think I fixed this shot by doing a number of things - I'm not sure which one did the trick.

There are a lot more server rooms so I un-instanced the bottom lights which aren't seen and turned them off

I also changed the light sampling to Precise

All of the other shots have rendered absolutely fine so yes, I can only assume the lights are causing it

Thanks

2023-10-30, 12:20:47
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to hear the issue is solved.

Sorry if my initial reply sounded with a presumption that you are not familiar with the animations settings. But in case of flickering in animation making sure the secondary cache is set up correctly is the first thing.

It does really look like Z-fighting or related issue, so probably the light setup tweak did the trick.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us