Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

The most wanted feature?

<< < (2/231) > >>

racoonart:
Ocram: I'm pretty sure everything in this poll will be implemented sooner or later, but the question is: what do the users need first(!) ? I'd love to have DR too but I would prefer some basic things at this early stage of development ;)

Ludvik Koutny:
Little note: One of effects of Bidirectional PT is lot faster caustics without fireflies or sample clamping (intensity bias) ;)

loocas:

--- Quote from: Rawalanche on 2012-09-20, 10:38:27 ---Little note: One of effects of Bidirectional PT is lot faster caustics without fireflies or sample clamping (intensity bias) ;)

--- End quote ---

Caustics are a super useless feature. :) I have never seen them being used in actual production.

They look super sexy on test and promo renders, though. But in real production... they're worthless.

Ludvik Koutny:
Yeah, right, so if you do a packshot of perfume or glass sculpture, then opaque shadow does the trick, eh? So a bit of a correction: For YOU, yourself, personally only you, are caustics useless feature.

Bidir is just a super-necessary feature, because so far, our solution to fireflies is a form of bias (sample intensity clamping) which not a very good solution, and bias it introduces can be in some cases very obvious. Try to render some of your scenes with Max sample intensity value set at 0, and see what happens :-P ;)

Ocram:

--- Quote from: DeadClown on 2012-09-20, 09:59:02 ---Ocram: I'm pretty sure everything in this poll will be implemented sooner or later, but the question is: what do the users need first(!) ? I'd love to have DR too but I would prefer some basic things at this early stage of development ;)

--- End quote ---

Ah ok! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version