Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

deadclowns wishlist

(1/4) > >>

racoonart:
There are some minor and major wishes I have for future versions of Corona:

- a button to save beauty and renderelements in one go (as in vray)
- AO map - distance mapslot (great thing to make those rotten buildings look)
- glossy reflections values linear. Currently it looks like the glossiness curve is more of an exponential function. It would be a lot easier to "guess" the right values if it would be a more linear way (vray & mr are linear, finalRender is like corona here)
- anisotropy with world axis (it's uvw coordinates right now, right?)
- diffraction/obstacle map/colored aperture maps
- matte-shadow material/ object properties
- visible in reflection switch in object properties
- pflow support
- world position renderelement
- keep continuity for displacement
- reflection dim distance
- spherical (360*180°) camera
- aperture, exposure, white balance settings in camera
- affect GI / reflections in corona lights
- direct lights / ies lights
- Endless plane primitive object

Ludvik Koutny:
I would like glossiness to remain the way it is. I actually really dislike Vray's glossiness curve as its way too sensitive and putting glossiness maps in takes a lot of color corrections to get right amount of glossiness variance.

BTW MentalRay (Arch&Design mat) and Vray (VrayMTL) have very different glossiness curves, and one in Corona is actually very close to one in MR Arch&Design material ;)

racoonart:
mhh.. okay, I could have sworn the arch&design material would behave like the Vray mat. But I don't use it really often so I'm sure you're right.
I'm pretty happy with vray handling it's glossiness but I think it's all a matter of habit. I didn't expect you would want to change it anyways ;)

Ludvik Koutny:
There will be several levels of user interface in future releases...

Basic - with presets and speed/quality sliders for various aspects (sampling, GI, etc...)

Advanced - where there will be still a lot less clutter than currently is (current UI is debug one), which will allow user to set up some advanced parameters and tweak things

Debug - will contain all the controls which you would not normally want to touch.

It would be no problem to to add a value that would control exponent of glossiness value curve in Debug level of UI for expert users ;)

Ondra:
The problem with glossiness mapping is, that it is VERY dependent on concrete situation, so what seems fine in one scenario might be quite off in another. Also changing it would affect existing scenes, so I prefer not to mess with it, unless its really clear, that it is off.

Anisotropy is (should be ;)) relative to world coordinates

Displacement should never make holes, if the base geometry is sane and it has single smoothing group. Try using single smoothing group for your model, or at least the displaced parts

Why do you want reflection dim distance? That is one fake I do not want to implement, because I see no use for it. The overall attitude is that you should be able to get by in Corona with minimum fakes, because the renderer should handle most situation without them.

Other things are doable and will eventually get implemented. Unfortunately, I dont have time for it right now (1-2weeks)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version