Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

Chromatic Aberation

(1/1)

ondrike:
What do you think about that guys? it´s time to implement it to render engines I think and finish with faking in PS

yes ludvik, that´s me for MB Ondrej

good luck with this perfect project guys

Ondra:
Hi,
while it would be doable, this will unfortunately not be a priority for a long time. There are just too many other important features that could not be done in Photoshop as easily, and need to be implemented ;)

ondrike:
of course, I agree.. I told it, cos this feature is missing in all render engines and I think it´s great to for you to be first ;)

Ludvik Koutny:
Basic form of chromatic aberration could be achieved by using proper (colored) bokeh image with bokeh DoF feature. The aberation would then occur on the area of the image that is not in focus. Advanced form of computing chromatic aberration probably won't be available for a while, as Keymaster pointed out ;)

The main reason it's missing from all the render engines is simple fact that it's very easy to add and control as a postprocess effect, therefore rendering such an effect does not make a sense in the first place, unless it's above mentioned bokeh aberration

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version