Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Caustics Multiplier

<< < (2/2)

pokoy:

--- Quote from: maru on 2023-02-01, 13:41:38 ---Are you interested in a multiplier for caustics intensity (making caustics brighter or fainter) or in a multiplier for the number of photons (making caustics appear with better quality faster)?

--- End quote ---
I'm reading it as intensity/brightness... Changing the photon count can lead to quite unpredictable behavior such as (much) increased render times, noisiness and mostly leads to a different caustic look/result, probably not what OP means if he states he wants them to appear brighter.

+1 from me, having to resort to render separate channels and do it all in post is indeed cumbersome.

TomG:
I personally like this idea. I often find myself doing Render Elements to allow me to apply brightness/exposure to the caustics in post, would be nice to multiply their brightness in the render itself without the post step being necessary (but still an option, of course :) ).

Avi:
Hi,

We have logged this feature request in our system to be further reviewed by our Dev's. If there will be any update on this, we will let you know.

(Internal ID=1060673630)

CharlyRT:
Thanks Avi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version