Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Imitating Clo3d; Puckering normal maps overlaying

<< < (2/2)

mferster:
Disregard, misunderstood the issue.

Hmmmmmm so is the problem is that you want to blend the two normals(puckering and cloth texture) you have together correct? If that is indeed the issue, I would try plugging in your puckering normals texture into the base bump slot and then add the cloth texture normals into the additonal bump slot with another corona normal map.

or you could try experimenting adding the cloth's texture normals into the clearcoat layer bump. with a bit of finesse and shifting around roughness/IOR amounts I think that might do the trick.

romullus:

--- Quote from: mferster on 2023-01-17, 22:46:43 ---I would try plugging in your puckering normals texture into the base bump slot and then add the cloth texture normals into the additonal bump slot with another corona normal map.

--- End quote ---

I would never thought that this could work, but i gave it a try just for fun and it actually does work! The results are much better than usual overlay blending that i used to use for this. How cool is that?! Thanks for the great trick! :]

maru:
Romullus, this is actually a super interesting trick! We will add it to our Normal map guides. :)

romullus:
The credit goes to mferster :]

I remember some years ago i participated in a discussion in the forum about better multiple normal maps blending, i guess this trick solves the issue perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version