Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

The new Corona Converter feedback thread

<< < (34/36) > >>

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: James Vella on 2023-07-12, 12:04:01 ---
--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-07-12, 10:34:54 ---@James Vella, maybe it's worth creating new topic in the user contribution board?

--- End quote ---

Sure if it helps. I didnt want to create a 3rd thread about it and bog down the forum but since you moderate this place I can do that if you think its best.

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-07-12, 10:34:54 ---Especially if you have plans to continue development of the script. Honestly, judging by the amount of users requesting physical to Corona material conversion, i think your effort deserves a lot more attention than it got so far.

--- End quote ---

Not sure if I plan on developing it further but just wanted to help out for the time being and give myself a little project to work on. All the code is in .ms format so you can copy/paste, change, learn from it, whatever to suit your own workflow.

Also happy to hear some feedback about its real-world use since I'm just doing what I think would be useful but I dont actually ever use Autodesk Physical materials so I'm just pushing buttons =D

--- End quote ---

I would personally love something like this that works the other way too. Corona TO physical for the times where you need to share a model as say an FBX and the other party doesnt have corona.

Ink Visual:

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2023-07-14, 11:14:28 ---I would personally love something like this that works the other way too. Corona TO physical for the times where you need to share a model as say an FBX and the other party doesnt have corona.

--- End quote ---

This! Would love to have such funcionality too.

James Vella:

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2023-07-14, 11:14:28 ---I would personally love something like this that works the other way too. Corona TO physical for the times where you need to share a model as say an FBX and the other party doesnt have corona.

--- End quote ---

Sure, I can invert the code so it works the other way around. Give me a week or 2 ill take a look.

James Vella:
Actually didnt take too long to invert, still version 01 though so a few things to iron out. Test it out @Jpjapers and @Ink Visual. You can download the Corona Physical to Autodesk Physical converter in the below post.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40480.0

Neil Cross:
A common error that pops up is Falloff map in Fresnel model is not supported in Base IOR slot.
Is there anyway we can get a button like Fix CoronaNormal "Incorrect gamma" warnings.
Im not sure of the best solution but this would be a huge time saver!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version