Author Topic: Cameras  (Read 4537 times)

2016-05-25, 19:25:58

MgVrN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any difference between standart cameras ( phy, target and free ) in corona 1.4 ?

2016-05-26, 12:05:27
Reply #1

MgVrN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
why there is no answer :D i really want to know if there is difference between camera types

2016-05-26, 12:15:47
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There are actually only 2 cameras:

Standard (target and free are same setting inside it)
Physical  (which also offers targeted use or not)

Physical is now the new default and there is no reason to use anything else, it's basically repackaged and improved Vray camera. I use it 100perc. of time, it's god-send, previously I had to use Vray camera (yes, with Corona, it workes :- ) .. ).

Some of the benefits: Vertical/Horizontal perspective correction and shifting, DOF settings and viewport preview (very nice), exposure and lots of more controls.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-26, 14:48:17
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You did not get any response probably because the question was hard to understand. I am sure you would get a lot of helpful answers if the question was more specific. What kind of differences do you mean exactly?

Just to irritate Juraj - I am using the non-physical cameras quite often just for the sake of simplicity. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-26, 15:08:09
Reply #4

MgVrN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i mean the result will be same with same settings or there are always some differences that you cant change?

2016-05-26, 15:36:42
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The results will always be the same with the same settings.
Unless you are using physical camera-specific settings, which are simply not available for the "regular" camera.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-26, 18:15:43
Reply #6

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a possibility (with any camera type) to have motion blur preview in viewport like it was possible with older 3ds max versions ?
(and I think you could even save a viewport video)