Author Topic: Rendering: run out of memory!  (Read 7576 times)

2013-07-16, 10:45:01

Juzwa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I set rendering of a sequence (full DOF, both blur cam and geo) over night. Today I see that rendering froze (but 3ds max is not frozen, just like waiting for sth), no message or error, corona in the middle of Building Acc. Structure (and was doing it for 2h), memory usage 62GB. When I open rendered files windows displays that cannot be displayed, not enough memory. Killed 3ds max.

Rerendered the same frame (same settings), memory usage: 18GB
When rendering in a sequence : 62GB

2013-07-16, 10:49:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What kind of scene is this? :D
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-07-16, 23:29:27
Reply #2

Juzwa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A big one :) A lot of displacement in a scene

I'm not worried about high mem usage, I believe it's because of displacement maps in my environment materials. All is build by displacement.

What disturbing is that it takes more ram every frame. Just try it for yourself. Make a lot of displacement in a scene and redner. See that mem usage after render didn't "flush". This might be done in purpose. But every frame you render from now on will increase of mem usage by 3ds max. And it will grow untill you run out of memory (in my case 64gb which took about 150franes in 4 hours).

I believe its a bug. Just like there is missing sth like memory flush

2013-07-17, 16:34:02
Reply #3

CitizenPear

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, i have noted the same... it seems like Corona doesn't clean the ram after the render is done... Consuming more memory each time, and making rendering slower if it's a sequence...
Terrible english, i know. I'm from Argentina.

2017-08-16, 22:53:18
Reply #4

TekkwarCG

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same problem meanwhile, got a big scene with lots of forest objects in it, first frame takes around 15 GB of RAM, after 15 frames it takes up 29 GB and gives me a warning message.... anybody got any solutions for this problem? Is it related to the hotfix 2?

2017-08-17, 04:32:36
Reply #5

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, i have noted the same... it seems like Corona doesn't clean the ram after the render is done... Consuming more memory each time, and making rendering slower if it's a sequence...
Terrible english, i know. I'm from Argentina.

I tried to render a sequence some days ago and the render never reach it`s goal, i tried three time and always 3ds max crash before even reach half of the render sequence. I think it could be that memory issue.