Author Topic: Some renders of my Corona Renderer Course: Photorealism from basics to advanced  (Read 8441 times)

2017-09-10, 18:15:08

thilima

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

https://thilima.com.br/course/coronarender (with english subtitles - soon)
All Images done with Corona Renderer with No Post production.
I use a 6900k processor. Render times variated between 2:30 and 10:00 mins per image

« Last Edit: 2017-09-14, 16:07:00 by thilima »

2017-09-10, 19:12:39
Reply #1

Jadefox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab

2017-09-10, 19:39:30
Reply #2

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I must honestly say that some of this images look great, especially the color composition for the most of them.

I like how you work with DOF, most of them look very believable. Some have those odd elements.

Just by looking at those there is a lot to learn about 3D and photo-realism, thanks for sharing.

Do you mind sharing fiew of the shaders? Or just how you made them? Wax, walls, lamp light.

I also wonder how do you set the car's curves/lut to get that really nice effect. Did you use only corona provided stuff?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-11, 00:45:25
Reply #3

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Great job! How mamy passes were done in average for 10 minutes of render time?

2017-09-11, 05:45:17
Reply #4

thilima

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I must honestly say that some of this images look great, especially the color composition for the most of them. I like how you work with DOF, most of them look very believable. Some have those odd elements. Just by looking at those there is a lot to learn about 3D and photo-realism, thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing fiew of the shaders? Or just how you made them? Wax, walls, lamp light.
I also wonder how do you set the car's curves/lut to get that really nice effect. Did you use only corona provided stuff?

I think that better then I send you the shaders is you to understand how it behaves, so you can recreate whenever you want.

For Candle material -
See this:
For Walls, lamps, etc. - See all the 6 parts of this project:

In fact I don´t care so much about Passes cause its too relative with your settings.
For example:

GI x AA = 8 - you will probably have more passes, but each pass will be faster than GI x AA = 16
GI x AA = 16 - you will have less passes, but each pass will be slower than GI x AA = 8, but the final rendertime will be similar

So, for me doesn´t matter the number of passes, I just care about Noise Level Limit. In my scenes I usually finish the scenes with 4 to 6% of Noise. In daily (1.7 versions) you can use a higher noise level for some scenes, something like 6 to 8 (some cases 9 or 10, depending on details and textures on your scene)
« Last Edit: 2017-09-11, 08:51:33 by thilima »

2017-09-11, 08:17:53
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi thilima, those are very nice realistic renders! congrats

So, for me doesn´t matter the number of passes, I just care about Noise Level Limit. In my scenes I usually finish the scenes with 4 to 6% of Noise. In daily (1.7 versions) you can use a higher noise level for some scenes, something like 6 to 8 (some cases 9 or 10, depending on details and textures on your scene)[/size]
for me yes its better to use noise level instead of render pass.
I heard that devs had a plan to remove render pass once when adaptivity / noise level already stable.
btw, are you sure you used 6-8 noise level? that will still very noisy in my scenes, my standard is about 2.5-3.5

2017-09-11, 08:26:20
Reply #6

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile

2017-09-11, 08:46:22
Reply #7

thilima

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi thilima, those are very nice realistic renders! congrats

So, for me doesn´t matter the number of passes, I just care about Noise Level Limit. In my scenes I usually finish the scenes with 4 to 6% of Noise. In daily (1.7 versions) you can use a higher noise level for some scenes, something like 6 to 8 (some cases 9 or 10, depending on details and textures on your scene)[/size]
for me yes its better to use noise level instead of render pass.
I heard that devs had a plan to remove render pass once when adaptivity / noise level already stable.
btw, are you sure you used 6-8 noise level? that will still very noisy in my scenes, my standard is about 2.5-3.5

Yes, for sure, but as I said, it depends (a lot) on the scene details, textures, models, etc.
And ever using Denoiser level at 0.5 to 0,75

For example, this is one of my students scenes (made in corona 1.6), finished with 7,0 % of noise - 400% Zoom.

• In the same scene we have detailed Grass and Flat walls. In this case you can save 2 versions of denoised render and mask it on post. More denoise on flat areas, less denoise on complex, thin objects or tiny detailed areas.

The important thing is: If your scene dont have so many details, complex textures and bumps/normals you will be able to use a 6-8% noise level because you will not have so much details to lose after denoise it. That´s why it depends so much and is hard to set a rule for it

lovely set of renders.

Thanks a lot Dartofang :)

« Last Edit: 2017-09-11, 08:50:00 by thilima »

2017-09-11, 14:20:42
Reply #8

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I must honestly say that some of this images look great, especially the color composition for the most of them. I like how you work with DOF, most of them look very believable. Some have those odd elements. Just by looking at those there is a lot to learn about 3D and photo-realism, thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing fiew of the shaders? Or just how you made them? Wax, walls, lamp light.

I think that better then I send you the shaders is you to understand how it behaves, so you can recreate whenever you want.

For Candle material -
See this:
For Walls, lamps, etc. - See all the 6 parts of this project:

In fact I don´t care so much about Passes cause its too relative with your settings.
For example:

GI x AA = 8 - you will probably have more passes, but each pass will be faster than GI x AA = 16
GI x AA = 16 - you will have less passes, but each pass will be slower than GI x AA = 8, but the final rendertime will be similar

So, for me doesn´t matter the number of passes, I just care about Noise Level Limit. In my scenes I usually finish the scenes with 4 to 6% of Noise. In daily (1.7 versions) you can use a higher noise level for some scenes, something like 6 to 8 (some cases 9 or 10, depending on details and textures on your scene)

I contacted you with my details on facebook, if you prefer I can send that here in PM.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-14, 09:59:22
Reply #9

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great works here! its amazing how you achieved such clean photorealistic noiseless results in 2mins 30secs on a 6900k processor. i use higher and i doubt i can achieve same results at such a render time... is 1.7 build WAY faster than 1.6?

2017-09-14, 16:05:55
Reply #10

thilima

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great works here! its amazing how you achieved such clean photorealistic noiseless results in 2mins 30secs on a 6900k processor. i use higher and i doubt i can achieve same results at such a render time... is 1.7 build WAY faster than 1.6?

1.7 is getting really faster, soon they will release a "massive direct light speedup" and I´m very excited for that,  but all of these renders was on 1.6 :)

2017-09-14, 19:54:16
Reply #11

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-15, 19:37:19
Reply #12

thilima

• Active Users
    • View Profile