Author Topic: Kolbasnikov Sergey Sketchbook  (Read 15817 times)

2015-07-06, 00:44:42
Reply #15

DjordjeIlic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice shading and lighting ;)

2015-08-25, 12:01:04
Reply #16

Sergey Kolbasnikov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • kolbasnikov.blogspot.com
Hi friends, here are some of my new works!
« Last Edit: 2015-08-25, 12:07:35 by Sergey Kolbasnikov »

2015-08-25, 13:45:49
Reply #17

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One thing that stuck in my brain: " the cake is a lie"

Amaising artistic photorealism as always.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-08-25, 14:39:59
Reply #18

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
Privet, Sergey!

Prekrasnaja rabota! :)

Anyway, you've heard tons of praises already, so I'll just point out a few things that tick me off so you can look out for them next time or fix them later if you feel like it :)

In the first batch (page 1): low poly book breaks the illusion when you notice it. The lime in the bottle render - looks plastic and badly warped, not too keen on the grasses there either. The chopping board - the wood looks to be made to match the kitchen design, but it looks plastic and manufactured - not a luxury real wood product. Deer antlers in the modern image - plastic, would prefer a more real texture for it, maybe even wood. Lantern - low poly, would prefer it smoother.

Second batch (page 2): Bump map on the bottle low res? It looks like it's pixelating the refraction. Label lower res too? The phone - low-poly - the rounded corners are very clearly low poly, would probably not pass at an ad agency due to this. The cake - chocolate sponge is clearly bump-mapped, lacks depth (especially rolling off into the distance) - maybe a displacement would be able to fix that?

And the biggest one - the fireflies and noise in the highlights and bokeh REALLY distract me. Personal opinion, of course, but I wish you'd left the renders to cook for a bit longer!
Remember - on real cameras (and I'm a working photographer too!) - the noise appears in the shadows and somewhat in the mids (depending on ISO), highlights remain pretty buttery smooth. So having a noisy bokeh highlight or a noisy specular is just wrong.

Otherwise your coffee cup is great, your honey shader is brilliant, the design is very nice - not much else to complain about there!
Take a look at using higher poly meshes (or using turbosmooth where appropriate or fixing in photoshop) for close-ups, tweak a few shaders as mentioned and you'll be right on the money :)

« Last Edit: 2015-08-25, 14:46:49 by Rimas »
A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...

2015-08-26, 17:25:03
Reply #19

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio
That cherry material is spot on.

2015-09-29, 12:29:58
Reply #20

lucideye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
images so good, they're almost like really good to eat...
I like the cake shot, nicely done on the top part with cherries...
Minor crit: bottom of cake that meets the plate - rather to clean/ too consistent edge (considering it's supposed to be some icing)
But overall really awesome images.

2016-01-15, 13:30:10
Reply #21

Sergey Kolbasnikov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • kolbasnikov.blogspot.com
Hi friends, here are some of my new works!

2016-01-15, 14:28:54
Reply #22

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
Sergey, your renders are absolutely beautiful. Very nice work man!

2016-01-15, 15:54:28
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm speechless, the quality is mind blowing!

I have one question. What are the photomontages in this picture? https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8537.0;attach=41241;image
They strongly remind me of Superstudio works, which I always find intriguing. (http://butdoesitfloat.com/Negative-utopias-and-forewarning-images-of-the-horrors-which)
And these guys made it in 1960s!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us