Author Topic: Added support for Multiscatter, ForestPack  (Read 67246 times)

2013-03-26, 21:13:09
Reply #45

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I'll add it (just remind me from time to time).
Believe me, I will! :D

I can also provide some renderpower to this and similar projects (4× i7-2600k for overnight/weekend rendering)
Thanks for the offer but luckily we've got 10 new machines some days ago :) I just need to install corona and a scene to render ;)

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-03-26, 21:31:26
Reply #46

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
It's stuff like that where Corona really rocks :) ! pt+pt
(No shaders sorry, since all those plants are using VertexColor maps which are currently not working)

Can't wait to see the final look, man i'm starving right now O_o

2013-03-27, 07:24:46
Reply #47

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
DeadClown, It looks awesome!
sorry for my english

2013-03-27, 09:48:22
Reply #48

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys
It's stuff like that where Corona really rocks :) ! pt+pt
(No shaders sorry, since all those plants are using VertexColor maps which are currently not working)

Can't wait to see the final look, man i'm starving right now O_o
me too :D

i guys

For material conversion are you using the Advanced Material Corona Converter?

2013-03-27, 10:46:54
Reply #49

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks guys :) It looks a lot better with maps, translucency and reflections but this will have to wait until some more map types are supported :)

Yes. But currently the script is not very helpful for forestpack scenes/presets since it does not convert VrayFastSSS(2) materials and ForestColor/VertexColor maps. So you will have to do a lot by hand. I made some temporary adjustments for these cases in my internal version but it don't want to release this for the public versions. I also made some improvements for Vray2Sided materials which will result in a better conversion result for forestpack.

2013-03-27, 11:26:12
Reply #50

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
it's a goddamn Narnia :O
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-03-27, 16:13:10
Reply #51

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys :) It looks a lot better with maps, translucency and reflections but this will have to wait until some more map types are supported :)

Yes. But currently the script is not very helpful for forestpack scenes/presets since it does not convert VrayFastSSS(2) materials and ForestColor/VertexColor maps. So you will have to do a lot by hand. I made some temporary adjustments for these cases in my internal version but it don't want to release this for the public versions. I also made some improvements for Vray2Sided materials which will result in a better conversion result for forestpack.
thank you :)

2013-03-28, 14:44:25
Reply #52

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I uploaded a new Converter Script version which is doing a way better job with converting forestpack stuff. Just make sure you read the description & changelog (latest posting in the converter thread) :) It's doing a good job on some of the presets of forestpack so I hope it's working a lot better now.

2013-03-28, 14:45:05
Reply #53

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I uploaded a new Converter Script version which is doing a way better job with converting forestpack stuff. Just make sure you read the description & changelog (latest posting in the converter thread) :) It's doing a good job on some of the presets of forestpack so I hope it's working a lot better now.

Great i'll check it out thanks a lot buddy !

2013-04-09, 00:23:24
Reply #54

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Added support for MultiscatterTexture. You need a recent daily build and Multiscatter version 1.2.0.6 and higher.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-09, 01:57:06
Reply #55

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2013-04-09, 19:34:07
Reply #56

iCube

• Users
    • View Profile
You can download MultiScatter with MultiScatterTexture for Corona here http://forum.rendering.ru/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1208

2013-09-09, 17:45:29
Reply #57

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for bumping an old topic but I'm in a sort of a hurry and couldn't find an answer elsewhere. Is the Forest Color map supported by Corona? Because I'm unable to get any color variation going. Any help would be appreciated!

2013-09-09, 17:58:52
Reply #58

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Sorry for bumping an old topic but I'm in a sort of a hurry and couldn't find an answer elsewhere. Is the Forest Color map supported by Corona? Because I'm unable to get any color variation going. Any help would be appreciated!

No, because the texture in not done in renderer-agnostic way, and the authors did not want to add extra code to support Corona. Hopefully one day they will re-do it.

Multiscatter texture works fine ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-09, 18:41:15
Reply #59

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No, because the texture in not done in renderer-agnostic way, and the authors did not want to add extra code to support Corona. Hopefully one day they will re-do it.

Multiscatter texture works fine ;)

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Since I prefer ForestPack nowadays, I just tested putting a Multiscatter texture to my Corona Material diffuse slot of the material I've assigned to my Forest Object and playing with the random colors. As expected it didn't work BUT I then ticked the "Use Obj. Color" in Multiscatter texture and tried changing the Color Tint values from within the Forest Object and it WORKS! hooray! I also tried the "Get color from Map" option and it works too so whoopdedoo, working ForestPack random color & Get Color From Map! I'm a happy camper!