Author Topic: UV mapping issue  (Read 427 times)

2024-03-02, 00:31:14

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I am having an issue when using a displacement map. I am using a simple label but the text (and everything else) appears reversed in the render. Not sure what is causing this and haven't been able to find any info on how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-02, 09:41:01 by romullus »

2024-03-02, 01:03:03
Reply #1

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I fixed this by adding a UVW map to the object. But, I was hoping there was a way to resolve this without adding a UVW Map in 3ds Max. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2024-03-02, 09:40:43
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The issue is clearly not with displacement, but with the UV mapping, which is why adding UV map modifier fixed it. If for some reason you can't use UV map modifier, then maybe UVW xform modifier would suit you better? Contrary to the former it doesn't replace the mapping, but lets you modify already existing one. In your case you would need to change U tile from 1,0 to -1,0 to invert mapping on U axis. If you can't or don't want to use modifiers, you can do the same in the bitmap, that would be -1,0 U tiling in Corona or standard bitmap. Mind you that you would have to do this in all the bitmap nodes that are assigned to that object, so it's less convenient than modifier option.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-03-02, 18:09:20
Reply #3

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The issue is clearly not with displacement, but with the UV mapping, which is why adding UV map modifier fixed it. If for some reason you can't use UV map modifier, then maybe UVW xform modifier would suit you better? Contrary to the former it doesn't replace the mapping, but lets you modify already existing one. In your case you would need to change U tile from 1,0 to -1,0 to invert mapping on U axis. If you can't or don't want to use modifiers, you can do the same in the bitmap, that would be -1,0 U tiling in Corona or standard bitmap. Mind you that you would have to do this in all the bitmap nodes that are assigned to that object, so it's less convenient than modifier option.

Ok, great. Thank you for this detailed reply. It is very helpful. :)

2024-03-02, 18:57:35
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You're welcome!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures