Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 132157 times)

2016-10-26, 21:22:19
Reply #60

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the LUT loading bug was fixed in dailies... stay tuned for next one
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-26, 22:36:47
Reply #61

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
the LUT loading bug was fixed in dailies... stay tuned for next one

Great job Ondra, thank you guys!

Have a nice evening.

Dionysios -

2016-10-27, 10:11:57
Reply #62

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I just wanted to thank you Guys for last Daily.
I'm in the middle of painful struggling with huge animation scene to be rendered (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13577.0.html). Problems's gone with last daily.
Great moment for that specific update :)

2016-10-28, 20:30:42
Reply #63

diogovb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it hard to add visibility to camera (limit) in coronascatter? don't think it's that hard as this minors memory fixes.

2016-10-28, 21:54:53
Reply #64

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it hard to add visibility to camera (limit) in coronascatter? don't think it's that hard as this minors memory fixes.

Check out this post by romullus

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,9728.0.html#subject_62865

2016-10-30, 17:15:53
Reply #65

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Had run into some troubles using lighmix + Light emitting materials - not sure if those are a bugs, some combination of those + some intended behavior or some stranginess in the way I work + I cannot think of how to put it on mantis separately as those 3 are somewhat related (or at least in this particular case) and wouldn't make such an impact if described one at a time so here goes: 

1) Corona lighmix LightSelect ignores all the materials\objects containing CoronaLightMtl with Emit Light ticked off both in manual and automatic creation modes. Same goes for the regular CoronaMtl with some Self Illumination but that is not the problem cause i don't know who in their right mind uses those.
 It is quite senseless, especially in case of grouped lamp fixture models which containin, say, some light bulbs or even some filaments within those bulbs which contain such non emiting materials and Corona or standard light objects for the actual lighting itself, all of which, logically, should be controlled by\contained in the same light select element to make brightness adjustments\dimming of that lightSelect pass for the that whole lamp model at the same time. Because of this behavior, those light bulbs\filaments cannot be dimmed with the rest of the lamp fixture using the same element's slider and it's quite easy to guess the rest, speaking of which - the Rest(unassigned) lightmix element does pick them up automatically but that's surely not the most convenient way to control those I think.

2) CoronaRaySwithMtl does not respect the Emit Light tick on\off in CoronaLightMtl if that material is put into Global illumination override slot - it presumes what it is always ON, on top of that if it is off it produces light but those material's emitted light\gi is sampled in a very weird way and i mean really WIERD way - it's easily reproducible so you can see what I mean.
This can lead to some unexpected and quite nasty behavior in some cases - yesterday, I've spent almost half a day trying to figure out where that nasty, unexpected and unyielding noise is coming from in my currently worked on scene and in the end I've found this to be responsible for it.

3) CoronaRaySwithMtl and CoronaLightMtl again. When Emit light is ticked ON inside the instanced CoronaLightMtls which are put in all the slots except Global illumination, which in turn contains no light emitting material or left empty, the whole CoronaRaySwithMtl renders black, same goes for Self Illumination containing regular CoronaMtls. Not sure if that's a bug or an intended behavior but it surely doesn't make too much sense to me, especially in a regular Self illumination containing CoronaMtl's case - I don't use the latter, though but it can be still encountered due to some quick conversion from vray made models whether one wants to use it or not. Still that bug\behavior wouldn't bother me at all if not for combination of (1)+(2)

4) or partially more like extension of 1+2+3. Well, I thought, and it seemed pretty logical to me at the time, what as a temporary solution to battle (1), I could use CoronaRaySwithMtl containing instanced CoronaLightMtl with Emit light ticked ON in all slots except Global illumination slot, leaving it empty or with some non emitting material to battle (2) along the way - it should allow LightSelect element's "+" function to be able to pick those objects\materials. Well, it does help, at least with the picking\adding to lightselect element part, except the material itself renders black due to the (3) so in the end it does not help at all.

So to wrap things up or why it bothers me so much - partially I described it in (1) all I can add to that is what having light emitting light bulbs not to say light emitting filaments inside the glass bulbs is a most sure way to make one's renders longer, waay longer + it can lead to some various but all nasty artefacts if the geometry of those bulbs\filaments is not perfect - which is often the case with too much of 3rd party 3d models nowadays (
Thus, the most important for me would be the fix for (1) and if that can be fixed all others are less important. If for some reason (1) cannot be fixed when fixing either (2) or (3) or even better both of them should do the trick. And, of course, it would be best if you could fix them all, for the greatness of Corona, of common sense and for all which is good in the world ))
« Last Edit: 2016-10-30, 20:01:09 by antanas »

2016-10-30, 20:11:06
Reply #66

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
those bugs are current limitations of the corona shading core. If I try to explain it simply: because "emit light off" is not directly sampled from the light, it is much harder to track which light contributes where. It is on my "todo" for when some rewrites in the core happen next time
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-31, 12:58:41
Reply #67

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Oookay then, so currently it's not even possible to add those non emitting CoronaLightMtls to the same LightSelect element (or any other besides the Rest(unassigned) one) where the rest of the lamp's lights are put too ? That seems a little strange considering they can be put to Rest(unassigned) because of which, one might think that's just an overlook in lightselect's "+" functionality, but I'm no programmer and I cannot completely understand the reasons behind it if it isn't. Well If it is so, it's a major showstopper then, well, at least, to some degree, it's good to know those are not some recent and unexpected bugs\limitations so at least I can try to adjust my workflow to somehow avoid using those and that those workflow adjustments will be at least valid for some time - the question is how to do that and for how long but that's another matter. 

2016-11-01, 21:13:01
Reply #68

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Next daily will have significantly improved HDRI environment sampling - attaching some examples

Does this improvement managed to get in oct 26 build? I did super quick, super simple test and found zero difference here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-01, 22:12:13
Reply #69

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
nope, not yet released. Adding another teaser

2016-11-01, 22:24:57
Reply #70

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's funny how some expectations may bias your perception. I was under impression that improved sampling is included in latest build and everytime i rendered something lit with enviroment light, i keep telling myself - man, that doesn't look right, renders are obviously more noisy than before, something must be broken. Today i did comparison test, found no difference between two builds and only then i started to doubt if improved sampling get into newest build :]

BTW, nice teaser! Cant wait next DB.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-02, 02:13:43
Reply #71

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That renderer start to seriously rock ! Keep up the good work guys !

2016-11-02, 08:21:13
Reply #72

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nope, not yet released. Adding another teaser

Cool. Is it faster and more easy to use than BlendedBoxMap (it supports by Corona)?

2016-11-02, 10:46:22
Reply #73

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I believe I did not post this enviro sampling improvement image before

2016-11-02, 10:55:18
Reply #74

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I believe I did not post this enviro sampling improvement image before
Nice! noticeably less noise.
I had a hunch, that you would go Vray dome light route and cast fake direct lights out of the brightest pixels from the enviroment.
But you stayed true to no bias and just sped it up.

What exactly did you do? It seems casting rays from a dome is such a naive algorithm, that there is nothing to improve....

Cool. Is it faster and more easy to use than BlendedBoxMap (it supports by Corona)?
No, just different in workflow.

The classic usage is to texture landscapes with it, where no UVs are produced.
It is not much different, but doing seam hiding is way easier with three projection axis. Many algorithms are way easier to implement that way.
There is some info on it here and here.

As mentioned before, procedural terrain is a good candidate for the technique. Caves, cliffs, and complex lava tunnels are now easy to texture. You could even influence what texture is used where based on some random, or pseudo-random (noise), routines. Elevation or even slope could determine what texture is used.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-02, 11:04:32 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )