Author Topic: Seaford Court - Timelapse Animation & Stills  (Read 13034 times)

2015-11-21, 16:55:19
Reply #15

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Good work! Just this floor lamp could have some cabling. ))))

Thanks :) Originally all the floor lamps had cables and plugs into the sockets, but the client asked us to remove them all, unfortunately, and re-rendering a whole load of shots with them wasn't feasible in the time-frame.

Would you be willing to provide us scene for the fireplace shot where there is too much noise inside of the fireplace? I would love to test our denoising/adaptivity for this scene.

I would be willing but this is a funny one. It was originally caused by bringing the max file from 1.3RC back into 1.2.1 and then back into 1.3 to render, which changed the bump value from 1 to 4, resulting in crazy shading happening. We had to do a Render Selected on the fireplace back objects to get something clean(ish) out quickly, hence why it's a little noisy. I'm not sure this is anything that would be explicitly improved with adaptivity.

However, I'd definitely be happy to share that one scene with you privately for your testing, because it's probably a good use-case for adaptivity anyway due to the big areas of flat shading and then lots of small detail textures etc. I'll prepare it next week for you. Great to hear it's being worked on!

Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-11-22, 08:52:25
Reply #16

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is brilliant work, both the design and the production, like Juraj, I thought it was a Baroque space! - just curious, who is the interior designer?

2015-11-22, 10:18:07
Reply #17

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
This is brilliant work, both the design and the production, like Juraj, I thought it was a Baroque space! - just curious, who is the interior designer?

Thank you! Well, the situation with the designer/client is a big delicate at the moment. I can't really expand on that but he did a fantastic job on this design, definitely.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-11-24, 12:22:42
Reply #18

iainbanks

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
Great work as always Alex, and great thats its your first Corona project too!.  No looking back now ;)

Iain
Iain Banks
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2015-11-24, 13:46:00
Reply #19

lucideye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very Nice, rather clean animation... roughly how long did it take to render out 1 frame (and how fast a machine?) ?

2015-11-24, 13:47:59
Reply #20

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Great work as always Alex, and great thats its your first Corona project too!.  No looking back now ;)

Iain

Cheers Iain ;)

Very Nice, rather clean animation... roughly how long did it take to render out 1 frame (and how fast a machine?) ?

Thank you! Each shot was different but some of the heaviest were around 35 mins/frame on one of our dual E5-2670v3@2.3ghz machines.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk