Author Topic: 3Ds Max - Corona renders isolated objects only, endless displacement (SOLVED)  (Read 2343 times)

2019-12-24, 02:14:53

Andrejee

• Active Users
  • Serbia
    • View Profile
Hello, I've submitted a ticket already, but something changed.

Previously Corona 5 was working. And occasionally it started to have problems while rendering - the displacement would be endless and the black screen would appear. That applied to 20, 17, and 14 3Ds max version same file.
After that, I've reinstalled the Corona to the previous version 4. something. Same problem. Corona just did not want to work. I followed the official instructions on Corona website and added 3Ds max to FTH exclusion list. After that... it started working normally. But, the next day it reverted back to the previous state. I completely disabled FTH by setting value to 0 in Regedit. But, same story.
Now I can render isolated object (i've tried with one) with Corona, but I can't render the scene.
The errors I get when it comes to the scene are with missing some textures, some pictures. 3Ds max is very interface unfriendly when it comes to that cause I couldn't remove a texture, but just had to load another one. I did that and I stopped receiving that error.
I deleted ENU folder (restarted it, name it how you like), but nothing changed.

So you know that once I delete the ENU, 3Ds Max user settings reset. And that applies to configure user path where all the added materials in that way, paths are being deleted. That didn't help.
Now I have manually deleted the paths. And sucessfully render isolated object without material. I only got an error required asset files could not be located. That is connected with the objects and their materials (I don't know how, still learning).
Still it won't render a scene. Even small parts.
The error it display is that my memory is very low 4 GB RAM (yes, it's very low), but there are 40+ GB of virtual memory I allocated through my HDD. That error displayed earlier, but it worked. And now it displays, but it won't work.
I repeat, I was able to render a scene with materials in it in Corona, and now I can't render a scene without materials.
Is it maybe I overheated my PC or something like that cause now when I try to render a scene it freezes completely and I get some noises repeating from my monitor. 

I really don't know what to do and why the render is messing me up?
I appreciate any help or suggestions, really.
Regards

« Last Edit: 2019-12-26, 05:15:20 by Andrejee »

2019-12-24, 12:29:32
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The last bit with noise on the display sounds like a hardware problem, albeit very strange...
Maybe try to run a memory, CPU and GPU stress test with a dedicated tool to see if your system is to blame.

2019-12-24, 16:51:51
Reply #2

Andrejee

• Active Users
  • Serbia
    • View Profile
Good afternoon.
I've tried the Cinebench offline - for Cinema4D test and it had the same points as the lowest (minimum) one on that score. Still ok.
I've run the Windows 10 memory diagnostic tools and all appeared to be right.
Overheating is not the problem cause I just woke up my PC from the sleep state after about 12 hours.

If you know about reliable test, please give me a link.
But... everything is very weird, cause:
1) It worked normally before.
2) Than started to give an occasional blank screen and endless displacement.
3) Then completely was unable to render.
4) After I followed the FTH disable/exclusion instructions, it started rendering isolated objects.
5) But not the free view like it did before. I've tried to zoom to render just 3 objects like when did render even with materials applied. But now, it won't even without the materials applied.

I'm out of ideas cause, I doubt that the problem is in the Corona? But I see that many people are writing about endless displacement and parsing here with much stronger configuration than it is on my PC. I followed the instructions about the FTH, I even disabled it completely, but nothing except that allowed me to render isolated objects. The memory message I'm getting, i also used to get before, but the free view would render.
Maybe to try Alpha version only?

And what I forgot to write that even when I tried a new scene to test whether the file is the problem or something else, it wouldn't render at all. During this time when I tried to fix the problem by myself. So that's why I'm looking for community. I've resetted Corona settings, version 5, that did not change anything. Is there maybe an option to reduce Corona load by changing something in the render setup in the 3ds max? Maybe that would fix it.
But again, it's strange that it wanted to render normally before, and now it  won't.
Best regards.

2019-12-24, 20:29:41
Reply #3

Andrejee

• Active Users
  • Serbia
    • View Profile
Hi again.
Well something is not right definetely cause all worked before without any crashing/freezing/endless displacement.
Yet, I have downloaded Alpha version, and it's ok. It renders. I used Alpha only on Max 14. And I checked HD cache for second light in render setup with checking enable to distributed rendering. And that messed it up. It didn't want to render. so I reverted it to default settings. And it worked again, but crashed. So I think that the settings are the problem here. I'll play, again will install demo of Corona 4 hotfix or Corona 5. Yes, my hardware optimization is bad apparently for Corona, and if you have any suggestions what render to use on 3Ds Max 14, I'd be glad. I just have damn one scene interior project to finish. I'll probabbly just apply materials and try to search online free render farm.

Maybe Max14 won't work as good on W10 as Max 17 or Max 20? Maybe that's the main issue here. Cause I do not really remember whether I rendered on Max 20 or on Max14 with Corona 5.

Regards

2019-12-25, 01:57:20
Reply #4

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Sorry to hear about your problems. I couldn't find a description of your pc specs, but if you only got 4Gb of RAM, that may very well be the cause of your problem. 3dsMax alone requires 8Gb as minimum. Regarding different 3dsMax versions on windows 10, then there shouldn't be much difference. I use all the mentioned versions on win 10 Pro without any problem.

Hope you find a solution (if lack of RAM isn't the case).

2019-12-26, 05:05:44
Reply #5

Andrejee

• Active Users
  • Serbia
    • View Profile
Hi. Thanks on the reply.
Well I did. I reinstalled Corona 5 and I'm using it on 3D Max 20. It's working normally as before. 
I have W10 Pro, too, but it seems that it is kinda slower on Max 14 than on Max 20. Don't know, these things are complicated cause everything influences everything, but the reinstall of Corona solved my problems. Cleaning all materials and user paths, maybe, too.
So there's no need for answering the ticket I have submitted with the file - not to bother you.
Thanks again.
Best regards.

2019-12-26, 14:01:13
Reply #6

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You probably already know that, but if you have that low amount of ram, you have to close every other program when you work in 3ds max. That means no Chrome open, maybe not even many folders open at the same time.

2019-12-27, 22:43:05
Reply #7

Andrejee

• Active Users
  • Serbia
    • View Profile
Thanks Sebastian. I know that, but it didn t wanna work that way, the only solution was to reinstall Corona 5.