Author Topic: Nuñez Balboa  (Read 4695 times)

2020-10-18, 19:49:59

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello to everyone

I just wanted to share my latest personal project. Comments and criticisms are always welcome.
For reasons of size I do not attach all the images of the project, but you can see them in my profile of behance:https://www.behance.net/gallery/106270951/Nunez-Balboa
I hope you like it.

Software: 3dsmax, Coronarenderer 6, Photoshop.

2020-10-18, 21:55:12
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
The glass detail is very good, the iterations in the glass ...
Excellent images, well done.

Dell Precision T7910

2020-10-19, 01:03:02
Reply #2

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! These are stunning. One thing that stood out to me is how natural and photographic they are.

Would you mind sharing some insights on your lighting, tonemapping and any post processing that went into these? The black and white levels are absolutely spot on, great dynamic range and no visible black crush.

Also, were the renders downsampled at all? They have a great level of sharpness and softness (if that makes sense?).
Vray who?

2020-10-20, 19:35:24
Reply #3

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The glass detail is very good, the iterations in the glass ...
Excellent images, well done.

Thank you!!

2020-10-20, 19:47:31
Reply #4

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great set, lovely lighting and materials

2020-10-20, 20:05:42
Reply #5

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! These are stunning. One thing that stood out to me is how natural and photographic they are.

Would you mind sharing some insights on your lighting, tonemapping and any post processing that went into these? The black and white levels are absolutely spot on, great dynamic range and no visible black crush.

Also, were the renders downsampled at all? They have a great level of sharpness and softness (if that makes sense?).

Hello.

There is really nothing strange or exceptional about it. The light is simply a cloudy hdri. Much of the softness in the light is from the curtains on the windows. For the curtains I use a rayswitch material, so I control on one hand the visual aspect and on the other hand its effect on the light. This way I have more control than using only 1 material.

Post production is also very simple. (seeing it now I might have even overdone it in some points) As the interior is quite monochrome and where white predominates, I can pass with a render with hardly any contrast (if I had different colours, this would probably have been more difficult). Normally, I just save the render in 16 bits tiff and adjust it in Camera raw. If I'm still not satisfied I adjust the lights and shadows separately with a mask. Something similar to the Sharpness method that I explain a little later.

The renders are at the original size. The only system I use to give sharpness is a high pass layer where I remove the lighter areas to avoid the appearance of halos. It may not look very clear in the pictures, but I recommend you try it

Apart from this, I just give it a little chromatic aberration by deforming the corners of the red channel, a little vignetting and I am done.

2020-10-20, 20:07:02
Reply #6

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great set, lovely lighting and materials

Thank you!!

2020-10-20, 21:00:30
Reply #7

hectorserji

• Users
    • View Profile
Great work!
If you don't mine me asking, did you use any kind of chromatic aberration?

2020-10-20, 21:20:15
Reply #8

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work!
If you don't mine me asking, did you use any kind of chromatic aberration?

Hi.
Yes, For the chromatic aberration I only go to the red channel, I select it and with the deform tool, move the corners 1 or 2 pixels (depending on the image size) out. It's not the most accurate method in the world but it does the trick

2020-10-21, 01:04:54
Reply #9

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.

There is really nothing strange or exceptional about it. The light is simply a cloudy hdri. Much of the softness in the light is from the curtains on the windows. For the curtains I use a rayswitch material, so I control on one hand the visual aspect and on the other hand its effect on the light. This way I have more control than using only 1 material.

Post production is also very simple. (seeing it now I might have even overdone it in some points) As the interior is quite monochrome and where white predominates, I can pass with a render with hardly any contrast (if I had different colours, this would probably have been more difficult). Normally, I just save the render in 16 bits tiff and adjust it in Camera raw. If I'm still not satisfied I adjust the lights and shadows separately with a mask. Something similar to the Sharpness method that I explain a little later.

The renders are at the original size. The only system I use to give sharpness is a high pass layer where I remove the lighter areas to avoid the appearance of halos. It may not look very clear in the pictures, but I recommend you try it

Apart from this, I just give it a little chromatic aberration by deforming the corners of the red channel, a little vignetting and I am done.

Hey thanks for taking the time to post the breakdown. I typically avoid much post processing in photoshop, but I'm going to have to change that after having a look at your results - you really pulled a lot of detail out of the fairly bland VFB image.
Vray who?

2020-10-25, 02:37:06
Reply #10

Mr.Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great job as always
I really like the mood in is one. it is not so over-bright like the usual work that we see/do for clients yet it is very well balanced.
would you mind sharing where did you get the floor texture from?  I bought recently a few from Megascans and Textures.com. but the quality of the one you have seems superior.
Thanks in advance.
Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
https://www.behance.net/NawrasRyhan

2020-10-28, 17:19:58
Reply #11

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great job as always
I really like the mood in is one. it is not so over-bright like the usual work that we see/do for clients yet it is very well balanced.
would you mind sharing where did you get the floor texture from?  I bought recently a few from Megascans and Textures.com. but the quality of the one you have seems superior.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Nawras.

Sorry for answering you so late. Thank you very much for your comment. It's a megascan texture. I don't remember exactly which one. The only special thing I have done is to adjust the color a little and separate the pieces from the texture into individual planks so that I can apply a floor generator.

2020-10-28, 18:58:20
Reply #12

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Gabriel,

In regard to adjustment on chromatic aberration, do you do that to give the images more of a 'from a camera' look?

2020-10-30, 22:27:23
Reply #13

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Gabriel,

In regard to adjustment on chromatic aberration, do you do that to give the images more of a 'from a camera' look?

Hi John. Exactly that. It is only there to simulate a photographic effect. I always add it, unless a customer doesn't like it. Regardless, I try to keep the effect very subtle.