Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Decals in Shadow Catcher Material black

<< < (2/2)

Beanzvision:
What if you use a plain + opacity and a shadow catcher? The shadow catcher is design to catch nothing but shadows. ;) It also works this way in 3ds Max. Can you go into more detail about this? I'm not knocking it, just trying to understand the use case. :)

Pepelecrabb:
I tried this on a simple road scene I made of my own with two decals ,dashed lines and an asphalt patch both downloaded from Cosmos . The dashed lines were just the letter "I" in a cloner and it worked okay. The asphalt patch was still black.
Scratch that last statement. I tried recreating it again and could not get it to work at all this time with a plane + Opacity Material. I may have had a little self illumination turned on the dashed lines on my previous test scene and forgot. I was trying all kinds of stuff.  I dont think so though and it was acting intermittent in the interactive viewport but worked ok in the renderer.

It's a Shadow Catcher thing. It would be nice if there was a check box on Corona Decal to "Make visible on shadowctcher" like the shadowcatcher illuminator check box with Corona Lights.

Beanzvision:
Thanks for the update, I have made a request and we can see what happens. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version