Author Topic: (Daily Build 2019-05-16) Denoiser and High Quality Image Filter  (Read 1396 times)

2019-05-19, 22:05:03

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Forum,
so with the newest Daily Build im getting a very unsharp result after denoising. I read about the high quality filter which should not be used together with the high quality denoiser. Is that correct? Also when i do not use the hight quality filter and just put on denoiser, im getting also a very splochi result. Please have a look at the both preview renderings.

Thank You
Christian

2019-05-19, 22:38:07
Reply #1

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Ultranerd,

I also noticed something similar and opened a thread some days ago.

Meanwhile I thought that it might just be my false impression - and that it´s natural to not have much details in renders with small size like 2000 pix.

But the more renders I make with the Corona 4 Beta daily build, the more I guess that your impression is correct.

Despite, I also find the antialiasing very poor !!!

In previous Betas like Core 1.7, I cannot remember to ever have noticed such problems, even not in small renders with lots of denoising and small number of passes.

Corona-team... Any idea what's going on here?

I'm doing renders for a client right now and really struggling with the problems mentioned.

Also maybe another bug: metals with scratches need a huge time to render clean... as mentioned by another user in a thread some days ago.

« Last Edit: 2019-05-19, 22:43:08 by Designerman77 »

2019-05-19, 22:49:28
Reply #2

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes i read your post about the topic already and also thought it must be my mistake. In the meantime i switched back to Version three and send
the files to the renderfarm, but somehow they came all back with that ugly denoising issue. So im not getting a clean and sharp rendering for this Project atm until i switch back to
a older File-Version. So but did not anybody else recognize such a issue? I mean everybody is using the denoiser isnt it?

Thank You
Christian

2019-05-19, 23:00:52
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Christian...

I would also love to use Core 1.7 again... but unfortunately it doesn't work with C4D R20.
Core 1.7 was by far the best Corona version.

In Corona 3, the denoiser is applied less on bump maps and rounded edges. A catastrophy... as it makes your renders fall apart into
areas with different amount of noise... and you get noisy rounded edges.
Also stacking of displacement is broken in Core 3.

Yes, I guess your impression is correct.

I also find the renders from V4 beta quite blurry, lacking of details and with poor antialiasing on edges...

Fact is that I have a lot of clients at the moment and its super frustrating to struggle with a render soft that constantly gets changed... and not to the better !

Who knows... maybe we simply need PCs with 264 cores... dang.