Author Topic: Adanmq Gallery  (Read 24169 times)

2014-08-05, 23:08:26

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
Hi.

I´m making some vegetation test in corona. Hope you like it and give me some valuable tips to improve.
Trees and bushes are made using GrowFx plugin, these trees are a MidPoly versions to use in mid/far range, no metamesh/displacement, i need to improve them. When i try to use the HightPoly ones i get out of RAM. I made this images to test the trees and learn Corona. The scene is far from finish but i just want a fast vegetation test.

Render times 8-12h using HDRi, but they need more to get clean noise (i just don´t have the time). I have some problems in order to get clean results in this particular scene. Albedo looks ok, i disable all opacity/normal maps from trees, low albedos, hide glass/curtains, etc. Bucket mode give me the best results so far but takes a lot of time. PT+PT and PT+HD both give me noisy DOF or fireflies (even 400+ passes). Ray count its around 1mill (usually y get more. I7 3770K). I think the main problems is the rays going through so many trees and low glossy wood on the house. I´m very new to Corona, so i´m making something wrong for sure.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-05, 23:12:42 by Adanmq »

2014-08-05, 23:36:41
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Try to use jpeg images for opacity maps, if you are not doing so yet. 8 bit JPGs seem to perform best out of all. And to get clean DoF, decrease GI/AA balance parameter to about 4, or even 2 for shots with very strong DoF (decreasing GI/AA will increase sampling of DoF at the expense of GI and reflections sampling)

As for the foliage.... looks amazing!

Also, make sure you have bitmap paging disabled in 3ds Max Asset tracker dialog.

And for exteriors, use PT+PT...  PT+HD is more suited for interiors.

But considering how large resolution those images are, i think rendertimes are adequate for this kind of scene.

Btw... do you use translucency for leaves? Or glossy refraction?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-05, 23:44:16 by Rawalanche »

2014-08-06, 00:39:54
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Try to use jpeg images for opacity maps, if you are not doing so yet. 8 bit JPGs seem to perform best out of all.
To my knowledge, greyscale bitmaps [single channel, no alpha] as opacity maps are unbeatable in Corona so far.

And yes, that vegetation looks gorgeous. A bit too reflective, maybe?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-08-06, 01:32:16
Reply #3

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2014-08-06, 03:00:18
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Uf of, love this man !

...so how does your leaf shader look ;- ) ? jk, very nice !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-08-06, 03:38:05
Reply #5

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
Thx for your replies. I really appreciate.

Rewalanche. I make some tests using GI/AA 4 but even for 400+ passes the wood looks noisy. Using bucket GI/AA 8 and 4 initial passes i get clean results at 9/10, ¿if i let PT+PT run for more time i will get cleaner glossy reflections?. For the ones without DOF y use PT+PT.

romullus. I think you are right, the reflections are to strong. Thx

Juraj. Here is the material for the leafs, to be honest i think it could be much more realistic if i put more work on it, but its ok for mid/far range trees. I end disabling alpha/Normal map in the final renders. The trees have vertex color so i blend 2 different materials (dark green/light green). Textures are from Xoio i can´t find any birch where i´m living now.

PD: Excuse my bad Eng.

2014-08-06, 05:55:38
Reply #6

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
lovely render. :) reminds me of alex roman. love the wood reflection and the simplicity of the structure.

2014-08-06, 08:51:27
Reply #7

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-08-06, 08:54:51
Reply #8

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
Absolutely convincing to me.

The DoF sometimes seems a bit too much. It gives a diorama effekt in some pics.

Greetz

Lucutus

2014-08-06, 10:50:28
Reply #9

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Very cool work!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2014-08-06, 10:52:14
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is pure awesomeness. The look of foliage and the DoF shape reminds me of pictures I took some time ago with a soviet FED 5B camera. :) Such works must make Keymaster and the whole Corona team proud of their child. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-08-06, 11:04:49
Reply #11

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic renders. Leafs do look a little too reflective, but somehow it is still pretty awesome!

2014-08-06, 11:35:41
Reply #12

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hi....fantastic renders...i love the vegetation....great effort mate. and yes, you are the another Alex Roman...trees look like as in T&S.

2014-08-06, 11:42:48
Reply #13

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
lovely render. :) reminds me of alex roman. love the wood reflection and the simplicity of the structure.

Yeah was gonna say the same thing, reminds me of this render http://www.thirdseventh.cgsociety.org/art/architecture-vray-viz-art-3d-forest-refuge-573528
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-08-06, 12:03:10
Reply #14

Snikon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very nice