Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 134844 times)

2018-02-27, 18:18:29
Reply #285

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I think the Corona Devs should contact the 3ds Max devs. I know they now have a design standard developed for icons. I would rather see Corona Icons adhere to the design standards, rather than every plugin developer making Max look like a Frankenstein of icons.

I took many years, but Max actually does have a design Doc an Icon guideline. Like it or not, every developer should use and adhere to it.
I wanted to write that if we do that, people will complain, but Alex was faster... 5 minutes and 7 seconds afterwards complained about 3dsmax icons :D This is the usual problem, be consistent, or be good ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-02-27, 18:43:38
Reply #286

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the Corona Devs should contact the 3ds Max devs. I know they now have a design standard developed for icons. I would rather see Corona Icons adhere to the design standards, rather than every plugin developer making Max look like a Frankenstein of icons.

I took many years, but Max actually does have a design Doc an Icon guideline. Like it or not, every developer should use and adhere to it.

+1

2018-02-27, 19:25:08
Reply #287

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Max 2018 icons and flat design are disaster, but Corona toolbar design isn't great either. The first three icons are obvious, but the rest of them... well, i can find what i need, only by reading tooltips :/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-02-27, 20:49:34
Reply #288

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Max 2018 icons and flat design are disaster, but Corona toolbar design isn't great either. The first three icons are obvious, but the rest of them... well, i can find what i need, only by reading tooltips :/

It will always be subjective. I think the new Max Icons are immensely more readable than any other Max release for the most part.

C4D, Maya and Max are all similar in icon design now (Max and Maya beign developed by the same designer). I still believe weather you like it or not, that the Corona icons should follow what the UI of Max is now.

2018-02-27, 21:03:04
Reply #289

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe you should start contest for best icon design? =)

2018-02-28, 04:17:09
Reply #290

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
design, what makes it better or worst .. it will never go away from subjective taste. why dont you guys just leave this job to hi grade graphic designer? and devs team will keep their focus to the codes.

disaster? oh come on.. ;) the only disaster is the curved "3" max icon.

Hi, what about these icons for Corona Official Toolbar? Would you like them more?
the new design is very nice, good job! color palette is better. but i still dont like the shapes imho.. too much lines, too old school, better to simplify it especially for the camera one ;) and for the corona VFB icon ... what is that thing? what does makes it could make user think that it is a corona vfb..?
no offense and thanks for listening

Maybe you should start contest for best icon design? =)
good idea! and the winner will get ondra's signed photos xD

2018-02-28, 06:23:40
Reply #291

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i like the corona toolbar. I only wish the interactive button would always start around 640X480 - sometimes it takes too long if the image size has been set to high quality

2018-02-28, 06:41:11
Reply #292

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i like the corona toolbar. I only wish the interactive button would always start around 640X480 - sometimes it takes too long if the image size has been set to high quality

I take this to mean that when you hit IR, the VFB opens at full res.  I agree!  It would be so great if it opened at a ratio relative to screen size.  It's so depressing to hit it and be like....'Oh....whoops...' as you wait for a massive IR VFB to pop up only to have to resize it.

My spontaneous rant.

2018-02-28, 11:07:55
Reply #293

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
I don't know if it's the right place to report this, using latest daily from 20.02, right click on the spinners won't zero out the values for most corona materials.

2018-02-28, 11:17:06
Reply #294

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This is intentional change. It was done by the request of some particular user, who's already regret that :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-02-28, 19:06:17
Reply #295

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Ugh, I hate this as well and prefer the standard Max behaviour. At the very least this should be an option.

2018-02-28, 20:54:46
Reply #296

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good idea! and the winner will get ondra's signed photos xD
Yes and corona tshirt with sign too =)

2018-03-01, 17:39:53
Reply #297

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, very much this. I hate opening scenes after a max restart because of this. It happens several times a day and is just as irritating every time.

I only wish the interactive button would always start around 640X480 - sometimes it takes too long if the image size has been set to high quality

I take this to mean that when you hit IR, the VFB opens at full res.  I agree!  It would be so great if it opened at a ratio relative to screen size.  It's so depressing to hit it and be like....'Oh....whoops...' as you wait for a massive IR VFB to pop up only to have to resize it.

My spontaneous rant.

2018-03-02, 00:28:00
Reply #298

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cant wait for the light lister to be included

2018-03-02, 04:23:53
Reply #299

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Getting crush using IR when switch Corona sun on/off using Guillermo M. Leal LLaguno's Light lister. Here is minidump.
Come on guys, make YOUR OUN LIGHT LISTER!!!!
« Last Edit: 2018-03-02, 10:30:05 by Bormax »