Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 134113 times)

2017-12-06, 15:16:21
Reply #45

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As You are expanding, make sure You have the Merch/Shop covered for those nice Corona branded t-shirts and mugs ;)

2017-12-06, 16:29:33
Reply #46

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool 👍🏻 Thanks for respond

somebody's alive here... or Vray killed corona team? ))
any daily... oops... monthly (hope not yearly) builds?
we are still holding daily builds because of hotfixes - but it seems there will be no hotfix3, so we will resume dailies. We have 15 items changelog ready.

Generally, we had to do a lot of non-prog tasks lately (organizing, budgeting, hiring, moving offices, ...) - to prepare teams for growing

2017-12-06, 21:44:20
Reply #47

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
When can we start playing with Phoenix FD and VDB?

2017-12-07, 11:01:24
Reply #48

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
17-12-06: Impressive changelog, thanks to all!

"Fixed vertical shift changing FOV of the Corona camera" alone is worth installing it, CoronaCam seems pretty final now.

Edit: If it would work. Horizontal shift still does something else than pure shifting for me.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2017-12-07, 11:13:07 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-12-07, 11:33:27
Reply #49

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
When can we start playing with Phoenix FD and VDB?
Once it's listed in the changelog. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-12-07, 13:20:17
Reply #50

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
17-12-06: Impressive changelog, thanks to all!

"Fixed vertical shift changing FOV of the Corona camera" alone is worth installing it, CoronaCam seems pretty final now.

Edit: If it would work. Horizontal shift still does something else than pure shifting for me.

Good Luck

This shifting issue is really killing me... the new coronacamera is totally awesome and so much quicker than using a physcam+cammod, but we use shift on something like 70% of our shots, and not being able to reliably do this without the FOV changing is super annoying. Hope this gets fixed for a 1.7 hotfix! I know the devs have said they're not planning on a Hotfix 3, but if moving to 2.0 is going to be a major thing we're unlikely to be able to upgrade for a while, to allow for initial issues to be dealt with, so having this sorted for 1.7 users would be hugely welcome!
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-12-09, 02:01:01
Reply #51

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This shifting issue is really killing me... the new coronacamera is totally awesome and so much quicker than using a physcam+cammod, but we use shift on something like 70% of our shots, and not being able to reliably do this without the FOV changing is super annoying. Hope this gets fixed for a 1.7 hotfix! I know the devs have said they're not planning on a Hotfix 3, but if moving to 2.0 is going to be a major thing we're unlikely to be able to upgrade for a while, to allow for initial issues to be dealt with, so having this sorted for 1.7 users would be hugely welcome!

Hi Alex,
the shift issue should be resolved in the latest daily build.

2017-12-09, 09:37:56
Reply #52

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Alex,
the shift issue should be resolved in the latest daily build.

But are you recommending the dailies for production use? We use 1.7 on our workstations and our farm and we can't use the corona camera because of this, making it useless. The current 1.7 release is not complete, how can you not release a hotfix for this?

2017-12-09, 15:05:47
Reply #53

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Yes this fix does need to be pushed through into a 1.7 hotfix, please, as currently the coronacamera is kind of broken as it is. Also, are you sure it's been totally fixed? I thought your last notes indicated it was only fixed for vertical shift and not horizontal? Hope it's both! :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-12-09, 17:40:53
Reply #54

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In daily build 6 2017 in DR mode reporting of usage RAM on slaves in VFB tab not correct, etc, in use 11GB, reported about 3 or 5GB RAM in use/
despite on tab of slave Corona Dr server-- are report is correct/
« Last Edit: 2017-12-09, 17:44:16 by denisgo22 »

2017-12-14, 19:20:58
Reply #55

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the recent Build of December 14 we got this improvement:

"Switched to Visual Studio 2017 compiler - up to 5% performance gain in rendering"

Just tested it, and got more noise than in the previous Build.
In my scene (interior) with the Dec08 version in 100s of rendering got Noise: 6,20% in 11passes
With the Dec14 Build: Noise: 6,61% in 11 also 11 passes.

And looks that the Corona lost the hability to denoise certain areas (look the panel behind the pillows).

Regards

Ronald

2017-12-14, 20:40:34
Reply #56

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And looks that the Corona lost the hability to denoise certain areas (look the panel behind the pillows).

Could you please render the same image with more render time? I would like to see how the denoised image compares to some reference image.
Since the 12/08 daily build, the denoiser preserves more detail in fine bump maps, you can see that on the blanket in your images. IMHO it's doing better job than before.

2017-12-14, 22:40:50
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, IMHO it is now looking better, because the denoiser is preserving the details of the map. I am hoping this will allow people to use denoising in more situations
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-12-14, 23:08:35
Reply #58

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Agree that headboard looks much better in the new version, but if ronaldjung is comparing Dec 08 vs Dec 14 builds, shouldn't results be the same?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-12-15, 09:56:21
Reply #59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think the mistakes in this test are:
1) Using pass limit instead of time limit - this does not tell us anything. Maybe the rendering was super fast in one case, and slow in the other, or maybe not...? So I would suggest using time limit.
2) Using unrealistic number of passes rendered and resolution. There was simply not enough passes to render details in reasonable quality, denoised or not. The resolution is also so low that we cannot really see the details, and this is not something you would do in real work.

So it would be best to re-render in something like at least 1280x720, with some more realistic time limit - 10 minutes at least?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us