Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 130495 times)

2017-10-30, 10:59:08
Reply #15

JCdeBlok

• Active Users
  • Jonathan de Blok
    • View Profile
Technically maybe not but for all intents and purposes they still load their external content and you can instance them as well keeping a low memory footprint.

But I'm using them mostly to read alembic meshes generated in Houdini into max, for that it works just fine.

2017-11-03, 02:20:11
Reply #16

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Technically maybe not but for all intents and purposes they still load their external content and you can instance them as well keeping a low memory footprint.

But I'm using them mostly to read alembic meshes generated in Houdini into max, for that it works just fine.

any reason you are not using max's own alembic reader for this? you should have no reason to add vray to the equation I would think.

2017-11-03, 11:30:29
Reply #17

JCdeBlok

• Active Users
  • Jonathan de Blok
    • View Profile

any reason you are not using max's own alembic reader for this? you should have no reason to add vray to the equation I would think.

Quite a few actually.  Main one being the Max is locking the alembic file so you can't externally update it when it's used in an open Max scene. Even when you delete the object it doesn't unlock. The controller setup is a bit whack. You have to apply an abc controller and load the alembic file in there as well. And a quite a few other small small bugs and issues.

I'm the main dev that worked on SideKick ( https://www.ycdivfx.com/product/nyx-sidekick/ ), an interactive bridge between Max and Houdini and I getting it to work properly with Max's native alembic loader was a nightmare. Vray's proxy loader just worked fine and has quite a few more options as well.

2017-11-06, 10:14:24
Reply #18

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

Fair enough, just like always it seems, whatever max has is good, if you only need to do that one thing it can do, and everything else won't work, is locked, inconvenient etc.
Quite a few actually.  Main one being the Max is locking the alembic file so you can't externally update it when it's used in an open Max scene. Even when you delete the object it doesn't unlock. The controller setup is a bit whack. You have to apply an abc controller and load the alembic file in there as well. And a quite a few other small small bugs and issues.

I'm the main dev that worked on SideKick ( https://www.ycdivfx.com/product/nyx-sidekick/ ), an interactive bridge between Max and Houdini and I getting it to work properly with Max's native alembic loader was a nightmare. Vray's proxy loader just worked fine and has quite a few more options as well.

2017-11-13, 11:24:47
Reply #19

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Eximer's light lister script doesn't work with 2017-11-10 daily build

Max 2014

2017-11-13, 23:50:41
Reply #20

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ive been waiting for this light lister forever.  such a simple feature, guys when is it going to come part of the package?

2017-11-23, 22:22:39
Reply #21

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys,

I downloaded the new 23/11 build on 5 computers and all 5 give error of various Corona dll's missing!

Any clues?

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-11-23, 22:36:03
Reply #22

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Please try uninstalling Corona (using the windows add/remove programs or whatever dialog) and then reinstalling again.

If that doesn't help, please tell us which version of Max are you using and which DLLs are missing.

2017-11-23, 22:41:21
Reply #23

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I downloaded the new 23/11 build on 5 computers and all 5 give error of various Corona dll's missing!

Any clues?

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Same here.
in addition Corona is back not rendering as befoe 1.7 where it would randomly stop rendering on certain scenes.

2017-11-23, 22:43:28
Reply #24

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I have today serious problems with DR and 1.7.

DR servers (2 of them) show rendering process goes on but CPU are at 0%

Thanks for your feedback,

Dionysios -

2017-11-23, 22:46:17
Reply #25

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Please try uninstalling Corona (using the windows add/remove programs or whatever dialog) and then reinstalling again.

If that doesn't help, please tell us which version of Max are you using and which DLLs are missing.

I use the 2017 version of MAX and here is what is missing:

CoronaUtils2017.dlt
Corona2017.dlr

Thanks,

Dionysios -
« Last Edit: 2017-11-23, 22:52:50 by Dionysios.TS »

2017-11-23, 22:49:09
Reply #26

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I hope you have a fast solution as the 1.7 doesn't render on 2 DR servers anymore and I would like to try the new daily build.

Thanks guys,

Dionysios -

2017-11-24, 00:15:56
Reply #27

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Could you please post a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

2017-11-24, 00:52:05
Reply #28

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Could you please post a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

I attached screenshot of the backburner error...
Same errors appeared on the workstation once 3ds Max was launched.

Thanks!

2017-11-24, 01:25:08
Reply #29

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope you have a fast solution as the 1.7 doesn't render on 2 DR servers anymore and I would like to try the new daily build.

Thanks guys,

Dionysios -

try to turn off firewalls and see if it works that was my solution for when it happened to me.