Author Topic: Cancel/Stop Button does not stop the render  (Read 3695 times)

2018-10-29, 13:23:14

g.croitor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sometimes when rendering with interactive I am unable to stop/cancel the render. Is there a solution for this?

Also my Delete key is not working from time to time when trying to delete objects, after restarting 3ds max everything is fine. Does someone encounter this bugs?

Best,
George

2018-10-29, 13:32:18
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to check, when you say unable to stop rendering in IR, is the button greyed out? If so, that's likely because a pass limit was set for IR in the Render Settings (it's a separate pass limit than for final render) and the rendering reached that limit and has already stopped by itself (it will start again if you make any changes to the scene, and then you can stop it if you want then).

If the button is not greyed out and shows as still being able to be clicked, but isn't doing anything when you click it, let us know.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-10-30, 12:14:29
Reply #2

g.croitor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

Thanks for answering. The Stop/Cancel button is not grayed out. Just does not work. I get the same error if or if not I have setup a pass limit.

It seems that the only ways to make it stop is to restart max or to start a full res render from the 3Ds Max render tool bar.

Best,
George

2018-10-30, 13:47:40
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not heard other reports of this. Due to the other oddity of Max not deleting things, I'd check that you aren't affected by the "virus" in Max (e.g. see https://3dground.net/article/attention-alc-and-crp-viruses-in-3ds-max- or many other articles on the web).

Other than that, does it happen with a particular scene or scenes? If so, can you upload those? And of course we'd need the details like which version of Corona, which version of Max, which OS, and all that good stuff :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-02, 10:34:42
Reply #4

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
Hello,
I have the same bug time to time. Delete key is not working and unable to stop the render with corona 2 for max 2019
I installed&ran the autodesk security tools for my max 2019 sp2.
When It happens , I just close an reopen max.
Best
Pierre
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2018-11-02, 12:18:01
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am not familiar with this issue.
To Bastille and G.croitor:
-Can you please generate a minidump file during the interactive rendering when the "stop" button is not working for you? Here is how to do it (see point 2) https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
-Can you send us any scene where this is happening? Here is the uploader with two upload options (up to 256 MB and up to 10 GB) https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us