Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

X-Particles support?

(1/1)

somenerv:
Hi,

Does Corona support X-Particles? If so, how?  I can't find any Corona tag that would do this the way I'm used to (Arnold, Redshift, Cycles4D). 

The only way I found to do it was to use an X-Particles Sprite Generator and apply the Corona Material to that, but this is extremely inefficient and slow, especially in comparison to how the other engines handle it. 

A huge chunk of C4D users rely on X-particles so, unless I'm missing something, this leaves a big gap in your potential customer base. 

maru:
Hi, not sure about specific plans regarding this, but we definitely want to support most of the widely used options/plugins for C4D. I'll ping the dev team, and return to you once I have any news.

somenerv:

--- Quote from: maru on 2017-02-16, 13:03:52 ---Hi, not sure about specific plans regarding this, but we definitely want to support most of the widely used options/plugins for C4D. I'll ping the dev team, and return to you once I have any news.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, maru.

I think it would be amazing. I really am enjoying how well Corona integrates into the C4D material structure, and I think x-particles support is crucial. Otherwise, those (many) of us who use XP consistently would find ourselves having to use another renderer most of the time. It would be a big missed opportunity.

Looking forward to updates!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version