Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Assign 2 materials to one object (alpha mask)

(1/4) > >>

reublack:
hey,

i´m new to corona renderer. i want to assign 2 materials to 1 obj in c4d.
the first material is projected via uvw mapping. the second material should be an alpha material to add some typography on the first material. (therefore i need to project it via spherecial mapping for example, rotate and place it in the right way)
https://www.pic-upload.de/view-32679032/Bildschirmfoto2017-02-13um21.49.45.png.html

the problem is, i can´t see the second material displayed in the preview to arrange the alpha masked material. the second problem: the first texture dissapears after rendering...

any ideas, anyone?

thx alot!

BatRM:
It seems that it is not possible to stack materials yet with corona for c4d.
What i'm doing is copy pasting the face i want to add the decal with the split function.
My base material goes on the object, and the decal material with alpha on the splited face.

reublack:
hey,

thanks for your reply. sad that "stacking" doesn´t work.
I don´t get, what you mean. is the split function the same like blending? For your decals you add an alpha image in the opacity channel?
How do you arrange the alphas on the object.

i want to achieve something like this:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170214/j4sj2s3t.png
Talking about the graphic element on the skull. How can i arrange it in C4D. When i use the physical render i stack the second material and rotate it by selecting texture mode and choose frontal mapping for example....

Sorry for the questions. I´am completly new to corona :/

Thanks for your advise.

Best regards

Matej Ovsenek:
Hey guys.

Not the same stacking in corona as in cinema 4d physical.

You need to use Coronas Layered material,

Apply the base material to the base slot (skull material in you example) and the overlaying material (graphics) to slot 1 of the Layered material. Use the mask on node 1 to show the overlaying material. Apply layer material to you object.

edit:

just read your post again, you need decals, wouldn't know how to do that without unwrapping... :D

fabio81:

--- Quote from: Matej Ovsenek on 2017-02-14, 14:56:18 ---Hey guys.

Not the same stacking in corona as in cinema 4d physical.

You need to use Coronas Layered material,

Apply the base material to the base slot (skull material in you example) and the overlaying material (graphics) to slot 1 of the Layered material. Use the mask on node 1 to show the overlaying material. Apply layer material to you object.

edit:

just read your post again, you need decals, wouldn't know how to do that without unwrapping... :D

--- End quote ---

yes, but if the second material is wanted to give a different mapping? it is not yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version