Author Topic: Render Legion and Corona Join Forces with Chaos Group  (Read 87860 times)

2017-08-26, 04:20:15
Reply #45

Pixelarck

• Users
    • View Profile
Have a mixed feeling about this (curently download the latest build to check the new improvements from Vray dmc sampler).
Hopefully Corona won't increased subscription fees and the community still the same.
Anyway cheers for the dev teams and keep it up the good work!

2017-08-26, 04:56:17
Reply #46

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope this will b good thing, and it won't turn out to b a nightmare.
Have seen few of this and the small party never end up good. They r either die out or just trashed in some can.
U know wut, There's no way that im going back to that vray anymore -_- plus if corona pop out of existence then I probably start to change my course again.
RIP....

2017-08-26, 05:34:01
Reply #47

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this is great news! I love both Vray and Corona... More lately Corona but let's be honest they are both amazing render engines.

If this speeds up the development for Corona for C4D I'm all for it! Maybe Corona and get Vray's amazing displacement as well!

- Shawn

2017-08-26, 07:50:46
Reply #48

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
I think this might just turn out for the better and hopefully we finally get a vray for sketchup...oops I mean Corona for sketchup, Corona

2017-08-26, 07:58:20
Reply #49

mugambi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Think about it from a business perspective it does not make sense to develop two engines that are basically the same. Finally one has to give in. Am afraid it does not look good for corona development.

2017-08-26, 08:22:08
Reply #50

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not much into the mass hysteria. Don't see anything wrong going on now, and sure there is a lot of experience from vray devs that corona can build up on...

But I have one question that I believe needs to be answered.

The implication was made on the blog that users of corona and vray aren't the same, so the render engines are flexible(vray) and simple to use(corona)

Does this mean, that in the future a request of a feature (existing in vray) might come from corona users, and corona devs would simply say: well, there's vray for that..? Since, you might not want to compete...?

2017-08-26, 08:48:40
Reply #51

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I cant believe this is real. I'm trying to not to underestimate everything.
I'm just hoping there will be no any changes in our cultures and especially the pricing...
devs, what are your plans for corona's pricing as your development team already planned to be doubled for up to 12 months?
and btw that's a very good point by lacilaci.

2017-08-26, 09:04:15
Reply #52

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
of course it is mentioned on chaosgroup:

https://www.chaosgroup.com/news/render-legion-and-corona-join-chaos-group-family

desipite all shiny words corona was simply sold out and it's fate is in chaosgroups hands now.
it can be that they really do have the strategy to keep both renderers alive for now, but in the end it is more efficient and more likely that they integrate one into the other. you can guess which one will stay.

2017-08-26, 09:24:20
Reply #53

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
God no!
Why couldn't it be otoy or some other company.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-26, 09:30:29 by Eddoron »

2017-08-26, 09:25:42
Reply #54

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cut the sunny salesmen talk, we just have to face it:
in 2 years from now all that was good in corona will be integrated in vray and then chaosgroup will let corona slowly bleed out. this is really the worst progression in the render business of the last 10yrs. trump would say: sad, very sad day.

and no, this is not hate talk,
what happened is a real life business transaction, the intentions of chaosgroup are pretty easy to understand, the intentions of the owners of corona to do this, though... uhhh...

2017-08-26, 09:25:56
Reply #55

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Money talks and yeah pick biggest render engine and do another render engine better than that for very short time and sold it to biggest one back  and become rich. Users, who cares! I understand Blender spirit way better right now.

2017-08-26, 10:18:05
Reply #56

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
This was all about investing in the growth of the product that both you and we love so much! Like the article says,
investments from competitors?
sorry, I probably do not understand, but why should they do it?
they have their own product, and you have your own
you take away their market, profit, why should they invest in you money?
where is the logic?
they spent many years on the development of Vry and will only promote it, why should they develop competition?
you are in their way
They are afraid of you
for this reason, bought Corona

If a Mercedes buys a BMW and promises to develop it, will you believe it?

And the last question - you say that the development team has remained the same,
who is now the owner of Corona render?
who is the owner of the product?
Render Legion?
Chaos Group?

I want to believe that everything will be fine, but as practice shows, it will all end badly for Corona

2017-08-26, 10:21:51
Reply #57

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just came to my attention. Most certainly the bad news. Looks like a competition removal. They will take technology they want and probably kill Corona or make it a stepchild with little to no updates. If true, that's a real shame. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-26, 10:42:43 by nesha_2 »

2017-08-26, 10:41:07
Reply #58

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
very sad news , bye bye corona renderer

2017-08-26, 11:21:36
Reply #59

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow this does not look good, and I don't even use Corona.  I do have Vray though.  When the team says "This was all about investing in the growth of the product that both you and we love so much." From a business stand point I only hear "this was the best move for us to make more money, good luck users." I don't see how this will work, Vray is huge, why would they want or care to keep and invest in there littler competition.  I can see buy out the competition so there is none and take there best tech and apply it to Vray. Either way it's good for me since I'm a Vray User, but this doesn't look good for Corona. But who knows right...