Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130539 times)

2020-07-30, 20:23:26
Reply #390

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have an issue after install RC1.. i am using max 2019 and for some reason, I am getting error writing to file that i cant solve in older corona scenes.. if i start a new scene its fine.. so for now i get back to the preview daily version.
Hi,

I'm sorry I don't understand the issue that you are having? Can you provide a scene and some reproduction steps?

Cheers,

Rowan

I have now revert to the oldest build but the exact problem was that the files i had already create with the older builds before RC1 couldnt saved anymore.. when i was try to save the files i was getting an error writing to file and the autosave the same..when i create a new scene and try to save everything was fine. If that not makes any sense i will re install RC1 and i will send you a scene that i have the problem. Thanks!

2020-07-31, 00:01:04
Reply #392

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you mean this maybe?

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000672469-i-am-getting-error-creating-file-output-message-

No its not the same issue, in my case i am getting "error creating file" when i am trying to save the file, not the render but because i know also the max issue i tried what's in the link just in case it was relative but didnt work. After i revert back to the previews build the issue gone. Tomorrow i will reinstall RC1 and i will let you know if i still have the same problem.

2020-07-31, 02:35:10
Reply #393

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i will send it via your portal

2020-07-31, 09:12:36
Reply #394

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Please let me know the name of the file.
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-31, 09:53:11
Reply #395

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
in my case i am getting "error creating file" when i am trying to save the file

Sounds mor like a file permission issue. Can you rename the file in Windows explorer? Copy/backup, then delete the original one? Maybe you have been logged in as a different user previously and you just have no file access.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-07-31, 18:06:00
Reply #396

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have an issue after install RC1.. i am using max 2019 and for some reason, I am getting error writing to file that i cant solve in older corona scenes.. if i start a new scene its fine.. so for now i get back to the preview daily version.
Hi,

I'm sorry I don't understand the issue that you are having? Can you provide a scene and some reproduction steps?

Cheers,

Rowan

I have now revert to the oldest build but the exact problem was that the files i had already create with the older builds before RC1 couldnt saved anymore.. when i was try to save the files i was getting an error writing to file and the autosave the same..when i create a new scene and try to save everything was fine. If that not makes any sense i will re install RC1 and i will send you a scene that i have the problem. Thanks!
Hi,

I have managed to reproduce this in one of our testing scenes. We will look into a fix for it asap.

Rowan

(Internal ID=543242879)
Send me your scene!

2020-07-31, 23:57:18
Reply #397

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Cheers,

Rowan

Hi,

I have managed to reproduce this in one of our testing scenes. We will look into a fix for it asap.

Rowan

(Internal ID=543242879)

Great, thanks!

2020-08-01, 03:27:21
Reply #398

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I submitted it via ticket request.

Please let me know the name of the file.

2020-08-01, 10:32:10
Reply #399

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Same problem here.

When I save the .max file (on my C:/ or in network), I receive this message:

"Error writing to file"

Then, 3ds Max crash immediately.

If I delete the CoronaScatter object, the saving process works fine and I have no error.
So, here, the crash is related to the CoronaScatter object.
If I import this CScatter object in an empty scene, and try to save, 3ds Max crash O_O

The "funny" thing is that, in this scene, I have another CScatter.
And, with this CSCatter in the scene, I can save with no problem.
It's the first CScatter to create me problems.

« Last Edit: 2020-08-01, 10:50:45 by cecofuli »

2020-08-01, 14:50:49
Reply #400

Sleax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same problem i have.
The scene with corona scatter doesn't save and 3ds max crashes after "Error writing to file". Also i'm getting strange  3ds max UI behavior with corona scatters in the scene. The viewport freezes and not updating, while i'm moving objects.
After deleting all corona scaters- scene is working fine and saving file also works
Corona RC1, 3ds Max 2021

2020-08-01, 15:26:06
Reply #401

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2020-08-02, 22:20:37
Reply #402

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs - i dont know when this happened and its been for quiet some time (or always?)  But when I switched over from Vray i noticed that the sky alpha maps arent anywhere near as good. 
Yes i do enable the override for direct visibility to black.  WHen i put in different skies or backlgrounds in post, theres always a slight halo or whatever you call it - its not a perfect mask.  I remember vray did perfect masks and i do believe when i switched over, so did corona and at some point, it stopped doing it as accurately.  Maybe it was always like this?  not sure.... any one else having the same issues?

I agree with this.  Render on black background.  Add 'backplate' in Photoshop and there is always a slight halo.  Defringing the render usually fixes it but there are issues with doing this if you have glass that you can see the backplate through.  I'll try and post an example tomorrow if I get chance.  Also this isn't a Corona 6 Daily issue so I'll post my example in the 'need help' section.  Feel free to move this

2020-08-03, 08:27:11
Reply #403

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Morning all!

I arrived at the office this morning and installed RC1 from the daily builds.

Opened a file, which I worked on last week with the previous daily (corona-6-3dsmax-daily-2020-07-21) and all the normals/bump seemed a bit fucked up. These are generated with triplanar mapping texture node.

I reverted back to the previous daily and the problem is fixed. So what's up with the RC1?

Please see attached, you'll notice the difference right away...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-08-03, 09:04:57
Reply #404

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Morning all!

I arrived at the office this morning and installed RC1 from the daily builds.

Opened a file, which I worked on last week with the previous daily (corona-6-3dsmax-daily-2020-07-21) and all the normals/bump seemed a bit fucked up. These are generated with triplanar mapping texture node.

I reverted back to the previous daily and the problem is fixed. So what's up with the RC1?

Please see attached, you'll notice the difference right away...
Hi,

Can you please send a simplyfied version of the scene or if that's not possible can you send a screenshot of your material library setup for this material?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!