Author Topic: Corona Scatter on imported Objects?  (Read 4418 times)

2019-08-12, 16:18:48

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.
I wonder if some one can tell me de best method to bring objects inside 3DS max and use them in corona Scatter.

I have try it but every time i import any objects that are not an object block Corona Scatter will separate all components and spread them into "instance plane"? is there any think i have made wrong? or any way to import objects in one simple block?

Other question.
I work mainly in Rhino. Then i export all work to 3DS so i can use Corona and test it. But i have realize that any surface made with patch tool inside Rhino, after import it into 3DS Corona Scatter wont place any object over that surface. I have tested with corona and iToo Forest pack to.
Do i need to convert that patch surface made in Rhino? Any export method that i should know about? or have to recreate that same surface inside 3DS as a native 3DS surface?

Any help would be nice.
Cheers.

2019-08-12, 16:56:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I did not understand the 1st question. It sounds like you are not importing a single object, but a few objects, or a group. In such case, Corona Scatter will scatter each object separately. The solution would be to attach all objects into a single object. (convert to editable poly and then attach all of them to one object, so that you would end up with a single editable poly)

About the 2nd question - different software may interpret the same object differently. You would probably have to export your object using some other settings, but even then 3ds Max may not be able to "see" it the same way Rhino does (I have no experience with Rhino at all).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-08-12, 17:46:05
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What format you importing? I think you import it the same as surface what is not polygonal geometry, you need it to convert in polygon model at importing or after you insert it as object

2019-08-12, 17:54:14
Reply #3

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.
Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Question...
Maru: it is as you say. After import objects they do not come in a single object but instead with many parts of that object. I need to attach them into a single one. (How to do it?)

2 Question. From Rhino i export all work in 3DS or OBJ. This 2 options wont work in scatter. Perhaps i have to change some parameters or export that surface in other extension. I have to keep trying.
The main reason for to ask this kind of questions are manly because here at office we do a lot of exterior birdeye image render. Unfortunately Rhino wont have a good native Scatter to spread grass or trees in a parametric way like Corona Scatter or Forest Pack.
We have Grasshopper but that software is a mind mathematical required to create parameters.

Thanks for all.. i have some time right now that i will test all your suggestions.
Cheers.

2019-08-12, 18:09:00
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 in edit poly - attach

2 3ds and obj format should work, better to see example of your model what not work

2019-08-12, 18:36:29
Reply #5

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think i have to learn the basics of 3DS and then come back to test Corona. I feel i am missing 3DS fundamentals.
I need to learn this. I think Corona have a much better workflow than Vray and 3DS is much more flexible to model details to our workflow here in our office. Exterior images were is need to build roads blended in topographic terrains. Or a fast and stable Render Engine.
:-)