Author Topic: how to resume render  (Read 6553 times)

2013-11-20, 15:38:27

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i know it must be sinple but i cant find any way to resume it
i hav read keymaster say that we can resume render from autosaved exr files but i cant seem to find the settings about it
i am using alpha v5

using corona before it was cool :3

2013-11-20, 16:18:16
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you need to enable the autosave, then grab the file (by default saved into the autodesk appdata folder somewhere), click Resume from dump in the render dlg, and select the exr.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-20, 17:15:16
Reply #2

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
you need to enable the autosave, then grab the file (by default saved into the autodesk appdata folder somewhere), click Resume from dump in the render dlg, and select the exr.

BTW, how can we change the default folder? Not just for autosave, most of all for Export command.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-11-20, 17:18:06
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
currently there isnt an option for it in corona, but you can try to change the PLUGCFG directory in 3dsmax - Corona uses its location
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-12, 16:35:19
Reply #4

animag

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

maybe I'm blind but I can't find this 'Resume' button, I am using alpha v5 , this is standalone corona feature or is it possible in 3ds max?

thanks

2013-12-12, 17:38:57
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
i dont remember if it is in A5, it is a row of buttons on bottom of the main corona render settings, if it is not there, then you have to wait for the next public release

2013-12-12, 21:08:29
Reply #6

animag

• Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, this button is not present in A5. Certainly I will wait :-)

Thanks